Author Topic: BMW K75 - KOSO speedo project with pictures.  (Read 46543 times)

Offline rdrevolucion

• Motobrick Curious
Re: BMW K75 - KOSO speedo project with pictures.
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 07:58:19 PM »
Good evening folks,

I have installed the same koso, in a test instalation before the final assembly. I have followed the steps about the pins.

The problem is that the bike doesnt starts. It shows all the lights and battery, but when i try to start and i click the button, the n light flash and doesnt do anyrging. I have tried also with the clutch.

At the beggining I conmected one of the brown pins to the koso and i was wrong, because the gauge didnt work, but i changed one brown with the other and then the gauge worked, but without start.

I dont know what can be wrong, i connected the speedo with the motometer layer.

All the other plugs of the bike seems to be connected, and as i say, the gauge lights etc, but without start..

Best regards,

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  • Barcelona, Spain
  • BMW K75 Project

Offline rdrevolucion

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2016, 01:14:25 AM »
Hi again,

Yesterday I started to rebuild the wiring to set up the final dispaly, but I have a problem with neutral. After lots of hours of no start of the bike, I detected thtat the neutral switch didn't work, so there were no signal to start, I made connection between the two pins and the bike started. But after that, my koso doesn't show N.. I have connected the black/green wire to the neutral wire in the koso, and it doesn't work.

After I found the problem with the neutral switch, the bike didn't start, and it didn't show N, but when I pushed the start button the N lights. Now that the bike starts but doesn't shows N, the only moment it is on is whem I stop the bike, during the short period of time I remove the key.

Anyone has any idea?

Best regards,
  • Barcelona, Spain
  • BMW K75 Project

Offline rdrevolucion

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 12:03:15 PM »
For the ones who have used the motometer board, did you have any problem with the measurements?

I have the board and it reads values of speed but when i'm about 10km/h the koso shows 80km/h..

In the - of the board i have a ground wire and also the ground of the original speedometer (the one shown in the papers). If I only use the ground of the speedometer it doesn't counts km/h

Cheers,

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  • Barcelona, Spain
  • BMW K75 Project

Offline jwilcox1030

• Curious
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2017, 04:53:07 PM »
How do I order one?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline Martis

• Curious
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2018, 03:35:38 PM »
This product is just a pre-packaged version of the popular relay circuit.  The three white wires attach to each of the yellow TGPI wires, and one black wire attaches to the brown wire on the TGPI.  The remaining black wire attaches to a ground point on the motorcycle and the red wire goes to the Black/Green wire on Pin 5 of the cluster.

How to get "Gear Indicator / Start Enable board" or what can i use instead(BEP 3.0, m-unit - or not nessesary), because i'm in EU.
  • Lithuania
  • Bmw K75RT

Offline Skunky

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
Rebuild it and they will come..
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F

Offline rbm

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2018, 02:38:30 PM »

How to get "Gear Indicator / Start Enable board" or what can i use instead(BEP 3.0, m-unit - or not necessary), because i'm in EU.
Please read this thread:  http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,3421.0.html
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Offline smitty

• Curious
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2023, 12:38:10 AM »
Hi I am currently trying to work out what wire to connect up from the Motobrick speed sensor board to my Koso RX2N speedo
I have contacted KOSO in the UK and they did tell me the 3 wires are +ve, -ve and pulse but they wouldnt tell me the colour and advised me to use the magnetic sensor incase I blow it up.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Smitty
  • New Zealand
  • Triumph Bonneville, Moto Guzzi Ambassador,K75 Cafe

Offline rbm

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2023, 07:30:39 AM »
I hope that you've read through this thread as the answer to your question is contained within it.  You won't blow up your Koso gauge first off.  Secondly, you can't directly connect the K-bike speed sensor to the Koso.  The output voltage of the OEM sensor needs to be amplified and shaped.  So you will need the speedometer conditioning circuit card from your old gauge to adapt the. Koso.  I've given the pinout in post #24.
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Tags: