Author Topic: Brick needs home  (Read 781 times)

Offline TS87KLT

• ^ Motobrick Curious
  • Almost the person my dog thinks I am...
Brick needs home
« on: May 25, 2022, 10:06:30 PM »
Hi Brickheads,

First, my condolences to Johnny on the passing of Micki.  I reckon you know you were blessed to share her life.

I have been radio silent for a while, due to life and things.  All is OK, just the normal churn and change of living.

I still have my K100, but I don't deserve it, which is why I'm popping up again.  I have accepted that I am never going to put it back on the road.  But it is too good to just sit and decay, so someone should.

I rescued it in 2014, and like most rescues, the rescuer benefited as much or more than the rescue-ee.  It was my "return to riding after a marriage that didn't allow it" bike.  It revived something that I almost lost.  It made me new friends.  It got some of my old friends back into riding too.

It served loyally and enthusiastically until a distracted Jeep sent us on a shunt in late 2016.  It was only cosmetic damage, but enough that I parked it.  The following spring I was offered a GS at a price I couldn't refuse, and the poor old Brick sits unridden and unrepaired.

It started life as an LT, but morphed into a semi-RS, with RS bars and cut down plastics and fender.  It has a 60 amp alternator I created from a K1200 unit, documented in these pages somewhere (http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=5231.msg33108#msg33108 [ Invalid Attachment ] ).  It has uprated injectors from an Audi.  It *had* all new intake boots, coolant hoses, and lots of other rubber bits, but it has been living outside for the last few years so some of that might not be in the best shape.  The PO painted the tank with what looks like black bedliner, and I never got around to respraying it.

It still runs, I jump start it every few months just to pump the oil around.  And in a fit of enthusiasm a few years ago, I drove to Seattle and bought all the tupperware and underpinnings needed to convert it fully to RS spec from akid who was under the spell of a cafe build.  If you're into John Deere tractors, you'll love the colors.

I would be surprised if I do not have every nut, bolt, screw, clip, grommet, spacer and bracket needed to make it whole.  The one thing I don't have is a right side engine cover (aka crank cover), it isn't leaking but it is scraped.  I'm sure someone has one of those in a box.  I also have about 2.75 sets of side cases and 2 LT Top boxes, creating some good touring luggage options.

THIS BIKE NEEDS A NEW RIDER!  Some assembly required.  Clear Oregon title in my name. At least 2 keys, maybe some blanks as well.  A shade over 67,000 miles on the spinny bits.

If you are willing to make the pilgrimage to my shack and collect it, it's yours.  I could likely be persuaded to load it up and tow it somewhere reasonably close if you offer me some cash.  Reasonably close would be 100 miles from the general vicinity of Hood River, OR, USA.

I've attached a few pics of the current situation and the parts pile.  Feel free to text me if you are interested, my number is 541-3 niner niner - seven 83 fiver.

Tony

PS: Yes, I have a seat, it's stored inside.  It's a decent one from Rick's.

• Dukes Valley, OR
  • '87 K100 LT
Tony

Offline Past-my-Prime

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • All of us are better when we're loved.
Re: Brick needs home
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 09:01:30 PM »
Tony: that's a great offer and I'm tempted to come and pick it up (you are our own personal Bring A Trailer!) but work is too demanding. . . . In a year from now, such an offer would not go unnoticed by me!
  • North Shore of Lake Superior (in my garage)
  • BRICK: 1989 K75 RT - Rocinante; NON-BRICK: 2007 F650 GS Dakar - Betty Blue

Tags: