Author Topic: hello from Pottstown PA  (Read 1672 times)

Offline andrew_Antoneypillai

• Curious
hello from Pottstown PA
« on: July 21, 2021, 02:01:02 AM »
Hello, My name is Andrew Antoneypillai. this is my first Brick and BMW. I am HD rider and decided to get a K75s.
It is 1991, all original. looking forward to cleaning it up and change up few things and bring it back to life.
  • Pottstown
  • K75s

Offline caveman

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: hello from Pottstown PA
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 04:25:40 AM »
Welcome, nice looking low seat model. Not very many of those around, hope you like it.
  • Kennerdell, PA.
  • 87 K100RT, 88 K100LT

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 09:45:02 AM »
Like caveman has observe, a low-seat S model is a rare gem and an excellent transition for a Harley rider who is accustomed to a lower riding postition. The color is called Red Topaz Violet. The fuel cap assembly on yours should be detached then rotated 180º to allow water to drain from around the tank's cap recess during rain or from condensation, instead of infiltrate the fuel in the tank. Rotating it will allow a notch in the assembly to align with a port in the tank recess attached to a pipe that exits from the bottom of the tank. The pipe empties into a cup that's attached to the frame, or a hose that's routed behind the throttle-side footpeg plate.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline andrew_Antoneypillai

• Curious
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 11:24:37 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I am looking forward to learning more and maybe get a K100 in the future.
For its age well advanced.
  • Pottstown
  • K75s

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 12:06:03 PM »
Welcome!  Should be a nice ride once you get the amintenance items up to date.  As was mentioned, the low seat will make the transition to bricks a bit easier.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 01:45:56 PM »
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline jessezack

• Curious
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 02:56:37 PM »
Great looking machine. Enjoy and welcome to bricking!
  • Up North
  • 92 K75s 95 K1100rs

Offline beemuker

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 08:39:19 PM »
Like caveman has observe, a low-seat S model is a rare gem and an excellent transition for a Harley rider who is accustomed to a lower riding postition. The color is called Red Topaz Violet. The fuel cap assembly on yours should be detached then rotated 180º to allow water to drain from around the tank's cap recess during rain or from condensation, instead of infiltrate the fuel in the tank. Rotating it will allow a notch in the assembly to align with a port in the tank recess attached to a pipe that exits from the bottom of the tank. The pipe empties into a cup that's attached to the frame, or a hose that's routed behind the throttle-side footpeg plate.
The rotated gas cap on my K11 caused a lot of problems. The tank innards were toast. Some things are better left unmodified. nice looking brick. I think the K75s is one of BMWs finest designs. The K1 is pretty cool too, but maybe over the top for some. I like the black engines of the later ones like yours.
  • Panama City, FL
  • '00 R1100RT,’92 K75 RT,past tense:'83 R80ST, '93 K1100LT,,94 R1100RS K75s, Honda NC700, Suzuki Bandit 1200, bmw R75/5 Honda 750

Tags: k75s