Author Topic: Arktasian's 95 K75 on Microsquirt Mod Table  (Read 51744 times)

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: 95 K75 on Mod Table
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »
 comments here didn't really contribute much to the ongoing procedures - so I've edited.

• Abbotsford

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2017, 10:23:17 AM »
This is another edit, no point debating aliens rights etc. when the original intent was to share bike tech.
  • Abbotsford

Offline ^Adrninistrator

• Acute Cinnabar Toxicity
  • ^ Motobrick Curious
  • Brunhilda Baywerische-Motosenwerken
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2017, 11:48:31 AM »
Arktasian:

You are the one who refereed to "Project K Bikes" as the "Adulterated Sector".

You then have been modifying posts by removing content.  I have them archived so it really does not matter.

I spoke to mystic red about the matter.  He said live and let live.  You can modify your posts by removing content or you can share your experience here, it's your choice.

Live and let live.

• New Idria California
  • 1997 K 1150 RS SE Dakar Yellow Code 267
If You Are Looking For Trouble. I'm The Woman To See.
If You Are Looking For Satisfaction.  Email Me.  Satisfaction Guaranteed.
brunhilda.baywerische-motosenwerken@motobrick.com

Offline Blue

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »
I want to tear all that out and go with the MS and replicate what you are doing.  I am patiently waiting for your project to be complete because I don't know where to start and have no idea how to get it done and tuned.

If you decide to stop posting here, please PM me the place you are going to share your MS build.
  • Stovepipe Wells CA
  • 1995 K1100RS

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2017, 07:33:37 PM »
I want to tear all that out and go with the MS and replicate what you are doing.  I am patiently waiting for your project to be complete because I don't know where to start and have no idea how to get it done and tuned.

If you decide to stop posting here, please PM me the place you are going to share your MS build.

Greetings "Blue", PM sent.
  • Abbotsford

Offline Blue

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: Arktasian's 95 K75 on Mod Table
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »
Where are you at on this project ?

I'm negotiating a high mileage K75 from Minnesota.
  • Stovepipe Wells CA
  • 1995 K1100RS

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
Hello Blue - good to hear your keeping the project in mind.
For my 75, a number of things have interrupted shop time but following is the project status:
- crank sensor utilizing a 36/1 tone wheel designs set.
- cam position ( for sequential ignition & fuel) will be developed via map signal on cylinder #1 which is a reliable strategy via MicroSquirt, but not yet bench test ( pretty confident in that)
- turbo manifold feed complete utilizing 321SS, items like mount bracket, exit plumbing, and a hollowed stock muffler set in design stage.
- turbo cartridge lube circuit and cooling lines designed and materials ready.
-  charge air cooler and inlet manifold “Log” set in design phase, not built.
- ECU location set and alternate battery location chosen.
- ECU flashed with an MSQ created from table generators and known ( to me) reasonable settings.
So, as you can see, a lot of planning but very little other forward movement from previous considerations.
 If your  seriously entertaining doing one up, I’d say go for it & I can help get through the new stuff if you beat me to it.
Regards,
Lorne
  • Abbotsford

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
As mentioned above, this project has been slow in moving forward, although I decided to build the crank sensor assembly involving some aluminum fab/ welding after encountering a pinhole leak on another project item that holds boxer engine oil pressure in check. It sprung a leak after a low psi oil system "precharge" routine (despite being two seasons old and always dry as a bone).
Rather than machining a solid billet aluminum housing I have opted to fabricate - more by reason of minimal project fund expenditure than excellence.
I'll leave a few photos of the initial bits, and then again once its completed.

* 61kmB2vA0TL__SL1000_.jpg (39.76 kB . 720x576 - viewed 1061 times)
  • Abbotsford

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2018, 08:49:01 PM »
Where ya puttin' the Leslie?
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
Mighty Gryphon, what is that?
  • Abbotsford

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2018, 10:06:42 AM »
The Leslie is a Hammond Organ speaker; it goes with the tone wheel.  It's what makes that distinctive organ sound of the 60's and early 70's blues and rock.  I guess you have to be a musician collecting Social Security to know what it is.  A lot of us suffered through bands with organists and their 400 pound instruments.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »
I actually considered speakers, but wasn't aware of the signal scrotator aspect on those.
And I prefer to listen to the bike and ambient sounds from your surroundings, rather than blasting tunes ( for instance for those on Harley's, usually in competition with exaggerated exhaust blatting noises)
Actually, not too far behind in the "Social Security" collection phase.

In Edit, I'm used to funky spell correct activity, but the above takes things to a disturbing new level.
  • Abbotsford

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2018, 09:21:31 AM »
Below is the throttle position sensor I've married to the throttle body - in place of the on/off switch. That's a fairly important ingredient for MS to mount a successful reign of control over all that power cool shades
Been skimping at the bone yard again, this one is from a 2001 Dodge Dakota, Delphi p/n SS10406 & required a modicum of shaft massage to fit (& dirt cheap new)

* IMG_2941.JPG (62.64 kB . 768x576 - viewed 1012 times)
  • Abbotsford

Offline Jim K in PA

• Motobrick Curious
Re: Arktasian's 95 K75 on Microsquirt Mod Table
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2018, 06:00:15 PM »
So have you done any dyno pulls yet?  :D
  • Pennsylvania
  • 1985 K100RS

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2018, 09:09:26 AM »
Greetings Jim, welcome to the fold & congrats on your recent K acquisition. Have you introduced it here yet at "The Brick"?
There has been a modicum of progress on the K75 microsquirt systems etc, but main problem in part due to a conflict in reasons for having the bike. Spreading the work on it out over those winter months or evenings when distraction is required is in contravention of the pressure to get her done which is the normal approach here. I'm trying to take an "Alfred E Newman" approach and not worry about it.
I have been building more bits for the 36/1 tone or chopper wheel ignition system that needs to take the place of the twin hall unit up front. Our engines offer many excellent opportunities to apply unique debauchery and alteration, as I'm sure is the default reception.  I'll post up photos of items as they are finished - but suffice it to say I've been having fun playing on lathe and mill machines.
Airhead is still going through some procedures, "but I didn't mention that".
Cheers,
Lorne.
  • Abbotsford

Offline Jim K in PA

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2018, 08:04:26 PM »
Hey Lorne.  Nope, that was my first post here.  This is my second.  I'll work up an intro soon.  Just signed up.

I'm interested in your chopper wheel adapters, selfishly so, since I will need the same adapters for my conversion.  I would like to get a few miles on mine before the MS changeover, but depending on winter progress on my airhead, and the available time, I may dive in before spring.  It will be a training project for that other project we have discussed.   :bmwsmile

Greetings Jim, welcome to the fold & congrats on your recent K acquisition. Have you introduced it here yet at "The Brick"?
There has been a modicum of progress on the K75 microsquirt systems etc, but main problem in part due to a conflict in reasons for having the bike. Spreading the work on it out over those winter months or evenings when distraction is required is in contravention of the pressure to get her done which is the normal approach here. I'm trying to take an "Alfred E Newman" approach and not worry about it.
I have been building more bits for the 36/1 tone or chopper wheel ignition system that needs to take the place of the twin hall unit up front. Our engines offer many excellent opportunities to apply unique debauchery and alteration, as I'm sure is the default reception.  I'll post up photos of items as they are finished - but suffice it to say I've been having fun playing on lathe and mill machines.
Airhead is still going through some procedures, "but I didn't mention that".
Cheers,
Lorne.
  • Pennsylvania
  • 1985 K100RS

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2019, 10:02:22 AM »
When I went to post, this below popped up:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 180 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

That's fair. Hello  :alien 's
A build should never take this long. I decided to continue working on the little K, and in answer to your question Jim, I will share with you my chopper wheel arrangements (plural, as sequential control involves both crank and cam recognition).
The pictured 36-1 wheel would be solid but its too large.
I've done a little further investigation and find a 12 "non missing tooth" wheel will work very well with a single tooth cam wheel. That will fit within the stock pickup cavity with flat cover back on top. I'm sticking with VR sensors for their superior heat handling characteristics, but will condition the signal for ultra quick sync with one of Jean's "Dual V2 V2.1"  from jbperformance.com. 
  • Abbotsford

Offline Jim K in PA

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
Frightening how time compresses with age, and time.  :(

A year gone by and no progress on my K.  Nothing.  But huge progress made on the restoration of the early 19th century farmhouse that we live in.  So, tradeoffs . . .

Keep the faith, my fellow alien.  :D
  • Pennsylvania
  • 1985 K100RS
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2020, 10:05:28 AM »

* IMG_2114.JPG (42.75 kB . 432x576 - viewed 874 times)

Small progress continues, the smaller 12 tooth tone wheel will reside along with its small VR sensor with the stock cover and not change the look of things much.

* IMG_2113.JPG (37.18 kB . 432x576 - viewed 838 times)

The exhaust however, does mix it up somewhat. If you figure out how this works you gain a gold star.

* IMG_2094.JPG (46.69 kB . 768x576 - viewed 826 times)

I'm going to be triggering the computer with the 12 tooth wheel on crank, and a single tooth on the end of probably the top camshaft. Anyone able to offer what the small frost plug in the center of the end is for? (perhaps oil gallery internally, I haven't learned enough about the engine to suss that out yet).
  • Abbotsford

Offline Jim K in PA

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2020, 11:26:57 AM »
Looks like cams are pressurized.

• Pennsylvania
  • 1985 K100RS

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2020, 01:30:59 PM »
Thank you kindly Jim, I'll save the prints for these small bits in case you want to MS yours  :popcorm
  • Abbotsford

Offline Ben_G

• Curious
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2020, 04:20:18 AM »
Just seen this post, I've been looking into this, on and off for a while now.
I've started to redesign the crank sensor and come up with this, it's based off the BSK speedworks design, unfortunately he won't sell the crank sensor on it's own so I made it myself.
I need to 3d print the parts out to make sure I've got everything in the right place.
It's using a 50mm 36-1 gear, I'm not sure if it's too small to work properly but you can buy it as an off the shelf item so it must work for someone.
I got the dimensions of a random sensor, I'm not sure what sensor would be ideal for, does anyone know?

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Beenie1600/CPS_zpslm55uoav.jpg
  • UK
  • K100

Offline Ben_G

• Curious
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2020, 04:22:11 AM »
  • UK
  • K100

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2020, 04:04:55 PM »
Ben, most Hall Effect or VR sensors which might be used to register with the tone wheel teeth are designed to be of a smaller diameter "sensing probe" than the tooth itself. This isn't a hard fast rule as I have a 36 toothed wheel, one missing that are sharp ends like a saw blade and that works quite well with a VR sensor. Best bet is to test the combination you're interested in using. Is this an MS project, as you can then utilize a "Stim" device to perform all bench testing in the comfort of your shop, rather than proving it is buggy while stranded at the side of the road.  The question that should be raised is this, how many teeth do you need? Is this for an MS project as they have specific tone wheel arrangements that work, other combinations don't.
The small 12 tooth wheel I've chosen is particular to gaining full ecu control on a K75 platform, 3 cylinders add extra challenge but is doable. I've tested that on a variable speed drill press and it works fine with a single tooth cam sensor and all manner of rpm's. That allows "sequential" ignition and fuel injection timing which is superior in efficiency and operation than untimed injection on wasted spark. (I found an easy point for the single tooth cam signal up front, will possibly post it here later)
  • Abbotsford

Offline Ben_G

• Curious
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2020, 03:30:00 AM »
I'm interested to hear about your cam angle sensor!

I've scrapped my original idea, I've been speaking to some people over on the speeduino forum and we've come up with an idea to modify the original trigger wheel into a 12-1 wheel by simply cutting 10 more windows into it, this utilises one of the original sensors as well. One of the guys has even got it to work on a test bench.
  • UK
  • K100

Tags: