Author Topic: Arktasian's 95 K75 on Microsquirt Mod Table  (Read 12431 times)

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: 95 K75 on Mod Table
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »
If you didnt log onto the site for a bit, there was site maintenance during which time the original folder entitled "Project K Bikes" was apparently missing. Not all that earth shattering in and of itself, but also not a hint of notification from moderator.I offered a post to determine if there was an issue or problem on the original "Project K Bikes" folder, containing a wealth of builds and tech data. That seemed to influence a moderator created  temporary folder containing most of the previous content named "Cappuccino Fetchers". As well, a folder entitled "Arktasians Adulterated Sector" was created for another couple of days. Although I'm new in these parts, I don't feel that is a deserved action, in fact as a serious bike builder I take that as an insult, by the moderator that serves to regulate things here and keep the peace so to speak.

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2017, 10:23:17 AM »
Let's clear the air - this is a site for K bike enthusiasts and admittedly has some of the best information on the internet.
I build bikes with custom fuel injection systems, and have a fondness for turbocharging - no secrets there. I initially offered to document my build on the little K75 here, in the time frame that might extend longer than most would appreciate but more importantly that comes with my documentation and a standing offer to help anyone else that wishes to go the way of Micro Squirt as an aftermarket ignition and fuel system stand alone control. Incidentally I and others offer that type of help over on the MS forums, its a pretty helpful close knit community. The systems and addition to a bike are not the big challenge, they are merely an accademic exercise in following direction and good fabrication practise. The real road block for many newcomers emerges with tuning and gaining what every Motrinic has stored within itself - a successful tune, or MSQ as it is called in MS circles. Tuning tools are powerful now and I don't have an issue in sharing an msq for a similarly equipped machine, otherwise slight edits come into play to fine tune particularities to one project or the next.
I digress, if the moderator that resides here feels my work is "Adulterated" and likes to hide behind the site rules where no member has any rights, "Aliens" rule, and common respect is upheld when it suits - then I'm happy to follow suit and take my custom tunes and tech elsewhere.
The fact is that I don't wish to rush this project, and the gaps between significant progress would/ could be augmented with MS content, but if that is received with disdain and attitude then why bother really? I realize however and fully respect that most K bike owners are just not interested in such modifications, and for anyone that has performed a net search to get "all the answers on a platter" they would have found it is a rare thing indeed.
So there you have it, this "Adulterated" builder will politely pull back and offer a hearty "well done" to those that are building such unique K's - keep it up. I'll just watch from back a ways.

Offline ^Adrninistrator

• Acute Cinnabar Toxicity
  • Forum Adrninistrator
  • ^ Motobrick Curious
  • Brunhilda Baywerische-Motosenwerken
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2017, 11:48:31 AM »
Arktasian:

You are the one who refereed to "Project K Bikes" as the "Adulterated Sector".

You then have been modifying posts by removing content.  I have them archived so it really does not matter.

I spoke to mystic red about the matter.  He said live and let live.  You can modify your posts by removing content or you can share your experience here, it's your choice.

Live and let live.

• New Idria California
  • 1997 K 1150 RS SE Dakar Yellow Code 267

Offline Blue

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2017, 11:58:25 AM »
I want to tear all that out and go with the MS and replicate what you are doing.  I am patiently waiting for your project to be complete because I don't know where to start and have no idea how to get it done and tuned.

If you decide to stop posting here, please PM me the place you are going to share your MS build.
  • Stovepipe Wells CA
  • 1995 K1100RS

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2017, 07:33:37 PM »
I want to tear all that out and go with the MS and replicate what you are doing.  I am patiently waiting for your project to be complete because I don't know where to start and have no idea how to get it done and tuned.

If you decide to stop posting here, please PM me the place you are going to share your MS build.

Greetings "Blue", PM sent.

Offline Blue

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: Arktasian's 95 K75 on Mod Table
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »
Where are you at on this project ?

I'm negotiating a high mileage K75 from Minnesota.
  • Stovepipe Wells CA
  • 1995 K1100RS

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
Hello Blue - good to hear your keeping the project in mind.
For my 75, a number of things have interrupted shop time but following is the project status:
- crank sensor utilizing a 36/1 tone wheel designs set.
- cam position ( for sequential ignition & fuel) will be developed via map signal on cylinder #1 which is a reliable strategy via MicroSquirt, but not yet bench test ( pretty confident in that)
- turbo manifold feed complete utilizing 321SS, items like mount bracket, exit plumbing, and a hollowed stock muffler set in design stage.
- turbo cartridge lube circuit and cooling lines designed and materials ready.
-  charge air cooler and inlet manifold Log set in design phase, not built.
- ECU location set and alternate battery location chosen.
- ECU flashed with an MSQ created from table generators and known ( to me) reasonable settings.
So, as you can see, a lot of planning but very little other forward movement from previous considerations.
 If your  seriously entertaining doing one up, Id say go for it & I can help get through the new stuff if you beat me to it.
Regards,
Lorne

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2018, 04:23:45 PM »
As mentioned above, this project has been slow in moving forward, although I decided to build the crank sensor assembly involving some aluminum fab/ welding after encountering a pinhole leak on another project item that holds boxer engine oil pressure in check. It sprung a leak after a low psi oil system "precharge" routine (despite being two seasons old and always dry as a bone).
Rather than machining a solid billet aluminum housing I have opted to fabricate - more by reason of minimal project fund expenditure than excellence.
I'll leave a few photos of the initial bits, and then again once its completed.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2018, 08:49:01 PM »
Where ya puttin' the Leslie?
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '94 K75RT Mystic Red, '92K100RS White, '94 K75S Dakar Yellow
Current:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'94 K75S "Cheetos"
'91 K100RS "Moby Brick Too

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
Mighty Gryphon, what is that?

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2018, 10:06:42 AM »
The Leslie is a Hammond Organ speaker; it goes with the tone wheel.  It's what makes that distinctive organ sound of the 60's and early 70's blues and rock.  I guess you have to be a musician collecting Social Security to know what it is.  A lot of us suffered through bands with organists and their 400 pound instruments.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '94 K75RT Mystic Red, '92K100RS White, '94 K75S Dakar Yellow
Current:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'94 K75S "Cheetos"
'91 K100RS "Moby Brick Too

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »
I actually considered speakers, but wasn't aware of the signal scrotator aspect on those.
And I prefer to listen to the bike and ambient sounds from your surroundings, rather than blasting tunes ( for instance for those on Harley's, usually in competition with exaggerated exhaust blatting noises)
Actually, not too far behind in the "Social Security" collection phase.

In Edit, I'm used to funky spell correct activity, but the above takes things to a disturbing new level.

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2018, 09:21:31 AM »
Below is the throttle position sensor I've married to the throttle body - in place of the on/off switch. That's a fairly important ingredient for MS to mount a successful reign of control over all that power cool shades
Been skimping at the bone yard again, this one is from a 2001 Dodge Dakota, Delphi p/n SS10406 & required a modicum of shaft massage to fit (& dirt cheap new)
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Tags: