Author Topic: 09-04-25 Paso Robles Area Kinda I Guess  (Read 3924 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
09-04-25 Paso Robles Area Kinda I Guess
« on: May 01, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »
today started on shaky ground... it ended on shaky ground... we were on shaky ground in the middle...  and the rest was a beauty...

the plan was to meet 1911 in santa margarita at 9am... before we rolled out of tulare the zipper on my cortech jacket broke in half... not wanting to be late we took off to fuel up at kettleman city... my jacket was flapping in the wind the entire way... so a fix was in order... micki suggested rolling duct tape around me... humm...

i fussed with the mess for a while before taking the jacket to pants connector zipper off the back of my jacket and fixed to the front zipper... perfect... but the delay was going to make us late...

i called 1911 and told him what was up... he waited patiently for us and we showed up 40 minutes late... im not fond of folks being late... this was our first time... really... but it was absolutely necessary to get a fix on the jacket... i may never live it down...

the z1000 is one unique moto... i have not seen another... 1911 is lucky to have one...

i cant believe the zipper broke in half...

but the fix was in...

we took out to pozo road...

charlie daniels is playing this place tomorrow...

we were going to ride the goat up to the radar units i read about on a previous thread...

but there was too much of this... hundreds of bicycles... all over the roads... sag wagons... chp everywhere...

donkeys...

discussing the driveway of valatino rossi... the infamous ca 229...

micki only got 2 photos... she was holding on with both hands... he he he...

at 1911s regular fuel stop... the owner bought it new in high school...

vineyard road i believe... they were all good... and the scenery outstanding...

chimney rock i believe...

horns...

donkeys...

wine country... the place is littered with vineyards...

we stopped for fuel and micki realized she was hungry... after smelling the food from this pace anyway...

heading out to the epicenter...

most of the corvette club was leaving... but we saw a few still hanging around...

we explored while a corvette driver was trying to bull ch1t 1911 about corvettes... but the guy never caught on that 1911 knew more about corvettes than he did... o welll...

you gotta eat... but at $11 for a burger... and $14 for sliced steak... one question... wheres the closest in n out... o my...

rolling again...

so we end the day near atascadero...

1911 notices a screw sticking out his front tire...

and he notices my pr2s have gone to cords...

now what... well... 1911 was close to home so he was good...

he offered up all kinds of suggestions and personal assistence...  but in the end we felt we could make it the 120 miles back to tulare because the wear was on the side of the tire and if we took the 46 to the 41 to kansas to tulare... mostly flat... very few curves... just gotta keep it straight up... that we would be ok...

we made it and all is well... thanks 1911... we enjoyed the day very much...

j o & m o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: