Author Topic: Arktasian's 95 K75 on Microsquirt Mod Table  (Read 51729 times)

Offline Arktasian

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: Arktasian's 95 K75 on Microsquirt Mod Table
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2023, 11:15:13 AM »
I performed a flow test on the 250cc (24lb) EV1 injectors I'm using. I chose this size to reflect fueling increases that will develop with forced induction. The little test stand in photos posted above actually worked well, and utilizing an Excel file a "Dead Time" spec of 0.5ms results. This spec is something that is important to enter into the tuning program (Tuner Studio), and interestingly isn't provided by most suppliers (& when it is provided or plagiarized from another squirter tends to be wrong).
Wiring progresses systematically and with good integration with original circuits and space available. (I couldn't attach the Xcel file here, if anyone is doing a similar project and is interested in the file, notify me and I'll email it too you)
  • Abbotsford

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2023, 01:51:59 PM »
1) I'd just get rid of the BMU.

2) Battery in tail cowl: Putting weight high and back on a motorcycle degrades handling.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2023, 07:28:54 PM »
1) Ours is a modest home, and has never had a BMU (building maintenance unit)
2) Its a modest AGM, but with other items removed and that I also have a modest ass, I don't believe this is going to be an issue. But thanks for mentioning.
  • Abbotsford

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2023, 08:52:37 PM »
BMU = Bulb Monitor Unit

How to get rid of it:

Connect Gray/White (from Fuse 2) to Gray/Black(tail light power)

Connect Gray/Green(rear brake switch) and Gray/Red(front brake switch) to Gray/Yellow(brake light)

Then you can run LED brake and tail lights without the BMU cluster light illuminating.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2023, 10:11:05 AM »
Well that anacronym clarification deserves thanks, and a BLT should we cross paths. Also that's a useful workaround towards LED upgrades, make it 2xBLT then.
  • Abbotsford

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2023, 10:35:19 AM »
Wiring is complete.

* MS Activity Center.JPG (33.48 kB . 576x576 - viewed 375 times) The "Trapezoid" item is a cover over a smallish housing that contains the V3 Microsquirt, relays, and a fuse block (will post a photo with cover off later).

* Folded Open for harnesses and runs to connect.JPG (73.02 kB . 768x576 - viewed 387 times) Here, its folded down to allow procedures and wiring. All harnesses fold in behind once its raised back in place. All soldered connections, and "D" plugs where it counts. Also, lots of shielding on various circuits - no noise allowed  :nono2:

* Jim Stim.JPG (49.91 kB . 432x576 - viewed 343 times) This is the "JimStim" device that can be utilized at great advantage to simulate all manner of engine sensors, tone wheel/ sensor combinations, etc. Its especially useful when troubleshooting something that isn't quite working properly. I may leapfrog right to the point of spinning up engine to witness "sync" - in the next day or so.

* Composite Logger.JPG (75.09 kB . 768x576 - viewed 380 times) This is a composite tooth log that is available on diagnostics (via Tuner Studio) to witness how the pickups are working & this was from a previous session using the drill press to prove out the 24 - 1 crank/ cam arrangement.

* Generate VE Table - Fueling.JPG (70.21 kB . 768x444 - viewed 336 times) VE table generator is a fun one, some of the values are randomly chosen at this point, so we'll see how she runs and some editing there may be required.
  • Abbotsford

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2023, 07:32:50 PM »
All wiring complete, decided to crank her over with plugs out to prove operation of the crank and cam wheels and their sensors. Getting that right is pretty much what anybody squirting with these ecu's needs to get right. Our friend WMAX351 above in the special section was on that quest, after having initially gained "Fuel Only" control via simpler triggering - but then dropped the project.
In any case, she's gaining sync nicely, with the plugs firing in sequential order as they sit outside the valve cover & grounded on a little fixture.
Below is a "snip" of the composite diagnostics running and proving sync.
* Diagnostic Composite Log K75.jpg (47.9 kB . 619x576 - viewed 356 times)
  • Abbotsford

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2023, 11:56:43 PM »
All done, ready to start up and tune.
This will unfortunately have to wait till later this summer, as our schedule is chalk full of family stuff. I promise to return.
Decided to rebadge the valve cover insert:

* Kompressor.JPG (65.54 kB . 768x576 - viewed 338 times)
  • Abbotsford

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2023, 10:06:15 AM »
Warnings are popping up again -
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 180 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
  :idunno:

Summer has given way to fall up here, but the project is off the modification table and waiting to roll into the garage for what will now be a tuning session over the winter. By tuning, I'm referring to the development of the Microsquirt (ECU) tune files (collection of maps and settings that comprise a well sorted and running motorcycle - aka "MSQ")

• Abbotsford

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2023, 11:30:46 AM »
I am sure I want to reply!
Thanks for coming back in here with an update, Arktasian.  112350
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2023, 11:02:12 PM »
Shameless project update: Bike is now up in the garage where it will be finished. As things would work out, rolled it up and out of basement/ backyard rather than first start and self powered parking job, with "pusher" help. Dark stormy, rainy night negotiating slippery grass and steep pathways - why not?  112350
  • Abbotsford

Offline Kt88

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2023, 11:36:29 PM »
As usual, on this or the other forum, I love watching your work. Thanks for sharing!
  • Miami Beach, FL
  • 92 K75s

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2023, 05:53:51 PM »
That would be ADV? I find much better K bike content here on Motobrick  103123
Thanks and project "continuation" is but a mere few motions away. I've almost completed some fairly routine maintenance procedures on the R100RT whilst Christmas presents a season of mirth and family fun time. Although I can ride the RT again this upcoming season, it is my desire to have the K75 up and running nicely.
Best of the season to all  112350
  • Abbotsford

Offline Arktasian

« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2024, 04:47:35 PM »
Time for an update - I await some additional garage space to do a start up and initiate the tuning process  103123.
Family vehicles (4 wheel variety, offspring specific) have been stealing space in the surgery ward, but that should rectify in the next few weeks. I've been taking advantage also of some pretty soggy & cold weather to go over wiring notes and create some schematic pages. (tend to be pictorial rich which is a personal style/ choice - not perhaps as professional as some of the work on display here on the site).
If I can mention, converting a K engine to run with a microsquirt, or alternately a speeduino has been previously done, but perhaps not in exactly the same manner and strategy as I have on the drawing board.
  • Abbotsford

Tags: