Author Topic: Summer Mesh Jacket ( Problem Solved)  (Read 10149 times)

Offline Martin

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Summer Mesh Jacket
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 02:52:58 AM »
Received a quick reply from Revzilla,  sort of clearing up the confusion with sizes. Based on the reply I will order the Phoenix Ion in silver size M. I am still a bit wary about ordering without trying it, but I don't have a lot of choice. I just heard back from the local Spidi dealer while I was typing this and they only import black jackets. But reckons they have others in silver and grey mesh so I will go in Friday, but I won't be holding my breath.

Hi Martin,
Thanks for sending over your measurements! I can definitely help you with sizing for the Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion jacket. The size charts are recommendations from the manufacturer but based on your measurements and our experience with this Joe Rocket jacket running large, I would recommend a size Medium. You are in-between sizes of the Small which I think would fit well in the chest but snug in the waist and the Medium which will most likely have some room in the chest but fit well in the waist. 
We do offer $40 flat rate shipping to Australia and for more information please visit our international shipping policies page.
If you have any other questions please let us a know and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Cheers,
Derek
--
Derek C.
RevZilla.com
877-792-9455
Follow us @RevZilla!
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline Martin

Re: Summer Mesh Jacket ( Problem Solved)
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 09:40:01 PM »
I was going to take a chance and order a Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion at the end of the week. I was trawling Ebay and spotted a Dririder Air Ride 2 jacket which is deleted old  stock in grey and silver, current model is Air Ride 3 not available in light colours . So I looked a bit but could not find one in my size. However I spotted a new listing Dririder Air Ride 4 available in silver/grey , so I went on to Dririders  web page and found no listing of the Air Ride 4 only the Air Ride 3. :dunno  After extracting a few clumps of hair I looked at the add and found it was one of the shops I had canvassed 2 weeks ago. So I printed the ad and rode down there. With my new hat hiding my missing clumps (thanks Ace) I went in and showed the ad and inquired about ordering a jacket. The sales guy looked at the ad and inquired whether it was their store, and I pointed to their name on the ad. The sales guy then got me to try on a Air Ride 3 in S for size, it was a slightly tight fit but had the liner in which I don't really need, and they didn't have a M. Sales guy then goes to the Cattledog to order one and can't find Air Ride 4, he then goes to the computer and can't find the colour I wanted. In steps sales girl and says it's a new item, and they are on order and they will be getting them in about 2 weeks, and orders two one in S and one in M  for me to try. So hopefully in two weeks I will have a new OZ made jacket, if not does anybody know a good place for a hair transplant?
Regards a befuddled and bemused Martin.

Offline Martin

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 11:24:26 PM »
I received a message from Team Moto on the 24/10 to say the jackets were in. Went in today tried on both jackets S was slightly snug, M fitted fine not much difference between the two. I could of got away with the S but erred on the side of caution and got the M ( I too suffer from Laitches  liking for profiteroles and eclairs ). Jacket seems well made and has power stretch in shoulders and elbows, pre-curved arms, neoprene comfort collar, arm and waist adjusters, zip connector for pants, two outer pockets and one inner pocket, removable elbow shoulder and back armour.
Inner waterproof liner has two inner pockets large LH small mobile phone pocket RH. I will probably try to avoid using the liner as it is overly complicated to fit and remove, it has three zips two required to fit it, and one to do it up plus Velcro front closure. It also has two loop and press studs per sleeve and another at the back of your neck. Both the jacket and the waterproof liner are lined with soft mesh fabric. I rode home without the liner as it is a hot day, plenty of airflow coming in but would probably benefit from the removal of the back armour. The armour stayed in place and was comfortable. For Ozzies and Kiwis the jacket is a Dririder Air-Ride 4 and the colour is called Tornado price was $199.00 I nearly got it cheaper, as I asked for a discount and the salesman was going to give me one until the head salesman stepped in and said no.
Regards Martin.

Offline TrueAce

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 12:04:39 AM »
Congrats........I love pre-formed arms, makes me feel like Popeye. :euro
  • Florida
  • '85 K100GS, '85 K100RSSC,', '94 K1100RS,'10 S1000rr,'14 Ural Sidecar, '15 R Nine T

Offline Martin

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016, 12:20:01 AM »
It also helps when you are swinging tree to tree. :hehehe

Tags: