Author Topic: How much should I offer for this K75  (Read 6898 times)

Offline beemuker

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
Re: How much should I offer for this K75
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 09:23:32 AM »
Thanks guys. I would rather ride than work on getting a bike rideable. My bro is still  going to look at it, IF it looks good I may make an offer , just the parts have some value. It does have the bags , and if the tank isn't corroded inside and the screen is decent I may still buy it for parts. But it will take some time and gas for me to haul it to Panama City, and more time to dissasemble if it proves to be beyond repair. BUT I'm getting older and the clock is ticking. People younger than I are having issues that keep them from riding or have gone to the boneyard , SO, I'll keep you posted and if I pass maybe one of you with more skill and patience will want to take this on. I'd really hate to see another 75 bite the dust.
  • Panama City, FL
  • 94 K75s , Dakar yellow ABS

Offline D.Bachtel

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 11:58:38 AM »
Non runner, came with a GSPD Corbin seat.  $500 for everything. Sold the seat for $250

As it was when trailered  home and as it sits today, still needs tires, date codes read 2004.

Don in Nipomo
  • Nipomo
  • BSA, Zundapp, Husqvarna, Greeves, Triumph...and a 1987 K75C

Offline Brian N NC

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »
I bought my 1991 k75s for $500 earlier this summer from a seller that had a similar story to your seller. He'd ridden the bike for a couple years, had the bike serviced regularly, etc. He and his wife had a child and he quit riding. Bike sat in his garage for a couple years then he decided to sell it.

I'm an instructor in a motorcycle mechanics program so I have plenty of time to work on the bike. I drained the fuel, replaced the fuel filter and gas and verified the oil was good enough to crank it. Hooked up to a jump box and the bike fired right up. I ran it on the dyno to make sure it had no transmission issues and shut it down. At that point I changed all fluids, put on new tires, lubed the splines, replaced the coolant, radiator cap, fork oil, etc. I've been riding the bike around 100 miles a day for the past 3 weeks, took it on a nice day trip to the North Carolina mountains this past weekend, and when the summer semester is over I plan on taking a couple week road trip to where ever I end up.

All that being said, I'd pay $750 for the bike you're looking at with no hesitation. I have the time and ability to fix it. If you don't have the time and ability, as others have said, it could turn into a money pit. The good thing is, for that price, you should be able to unload some parts to get your money back and then some. If your brother can go check it out have him check the obvious things, make sure it doesn't roll when in gear, make sure it shifts, take a look at the wiring, check for rust, etc. Consider your wants/needs/abilities, it looks like it'd be a great bike with a little time and effort.

My $500 brick-
  • China Grove, North Carolina
  • 1991 K75

Offline beemuker

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 06:27:15 PM »
very nice bike Brian. I do have some skill, have rebuilt VW bugs back in the day, but my house in FL doesn't have a garage, just a shed. AND this one has been sitting outside, seller says covered up. So Fl is probably the rot capital of the word, so we'll see. I'll keep you all posted.
  • Panama City, FL
  • 94 K75s , Dakar yellow ABS

Tags: