Author Topic: MotoBrick MotoMadness 2016 An Experiment In MotoDebauchery June 18 2016  (Read 24184 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
greetings...

this is a work in progress... with the 2016 experinment in motodebauchery ride beginning june 18 in red lodge montana... and ending mid july in who knows where usa... from canadican border states to mexican border states... its the continental divide with lotts of utall and colarader...

will be posting up photos and ride reports along the way... trueace is rolling monday june 13... most of us are rolling june 18... and the mighty gryphoon is rolling june 19...

if you are in north dakota south dakota montana wyoming utall arizona new mexico colorado... we may be coming to your hometown... or a town near by...

wanna join the motobrick motomadness crew for day or more... post up here... will try to figger it out and getts you some yeeeeeehaaaaaaa...

more later...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator

Offline K1300S

Cool event! 
Project Thread "K75s Midlife Refresh"
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,7810.0.html

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
I'll likely be asleep before it's dark out.

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
Rolling...
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
Red Lodge before and during.

Offline johnny

day 1... 666 miles... crazy aint it...

more later...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
Mo pichizz.

Offline K1300S

Great pics!   Keep them coming!

Selfies at 65mph..

Preload adjustment?

And how much did it weight?  Lol!

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
Getting to Utah.

Offline mystic red

• Retired Professsional Driver
Cruise issues?

Offline johnny

supercharger issue... was running at idle... needed a full reboot and baseline...

now im moving even faster than ever...

my camera is down... heading ti durango down the milliion dollar highway... gonna score a new camera in durango...

more later...

j o

Offline K1300S

If you have the chance,  go through Telluride (aka To Hell You Ride).  Cool place!

Offline johnny

rodger that...

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
 :mbird

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
 :curvy-road

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
 :clap:

Offline billday

• New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline Martin

Looks like a great adventure, really good pictures. I'm getting jealous, as at the moment all mates off the road for various reasons.
C.heers Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Offline viffergyrl

• Motobrick Curious
  • Friend of Motobrickers
Wow! What great pictures! And I was there, too! Well for some of it.

So the story on the motorcycle on the tow truck: The poor Honda VFR has an electrical issue (oooo... surprise!) which stranded me by the side of 62, in a two-foot shoulder, with rain and hail coming down. Not to mention that drivers were not slowing down or pulling over and one fine citizen blared his horn at us.  :nono

Johnny and Crash rode to the rescue and called the tow truck and the dude was there in a fairly timely fashion. So I got to ride the Million Dollar Highway... in a tow truck. If that just isn't 100% yeeee-haaaa, I don't know what is. [/sarcasm]

After considering our options (repairing the bike or hauling both bikes home), the fact that one of us has to go to work on Tuesday, and the heat index, we decided to rent an air-conditioned U-Haul truck and pile our bikes and stuff into it and return home. Of course, all trucks are sold out in Durango, so M.Brane and I rode two-up to Pagosa Springs to pick up a 15-ft U-Haul truck (the smallest U-Haul truck with a ramp) and I drove it back to Durango.

With the help of Johnny, Crash, and the Mighty Gryphon, both bikes were loaded and we left a bit behind the Five Horseman of the Apocalpse from Durango. Oddly enough, we stopped at the Four Corners as well so I'll load some pictures later. Eight hundred miles later, we arrive back at our abode in Southern California, unloaded everything except the bikes, drank some alky-hol, and went to bed.

Today we unloaded the bikes, cleaned them up, and M.Brane is tearing into the electrical issue. The punchline here is that it doesn't look to be the rectifier, so have to dig deeper.... good thing we decided to just pack up and head home. Which just goes to show you: you just don't know what might happen on a motorcycle ride.

More later...
1999 Honda VFR (The Vixen)
2001 Ducati ST4 (Stanley)

Offline johnny

greetings...

the group has disbanded...

there was scenic and there was yeeehaaaaa...

so there you go...

j o

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
Inspiring work, Debauchers!
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
I couldn't take the heat anymore and bailed. Had some important stuff pop up back at the office too. Made it home in a little over a day.

No problems with my rear tire. Still a little tread remaining. Replacements ordered.

Offline CRASH

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
- CRASH -

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
I too couldn't take the heat and opted to head north to Montana and Idaho then to Ft. collins to visit my daughter.  Did an Iron Butt blast on I-80 to be home with my other kids visiting for the holiday.  Did 1550 miles in 23 hours 40 minutes through rain in NE and IA, and low 40's nighttime temps in IN and OH.  Brutal...

Johnny is absolutely correct about these machines.  After 6000 miles at 6 grand my k75 runs smoother and stronger than when I left at the start.  Bricks really do like to be flogged.

As far as Crash's photos, I had the opportunity to be following him for part of one day.  I must say I was pretty impressed when going into a turn where I was quite pleased with myself for more or less staying on the road I would look up and see Crash with one hand holding his camera up in the air taking pictures of the scenery while dragging a peg.

Many thanks to Johnny for putting this thing together.  I will have great memories of this trip.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Tags: