Author Topic: Bribie Island Ride  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Martin

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Bribie Island Ride
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:20:47 AM »
Went down the street to get a couple of things. It was a beautiful day and I got side tracked, couldn't help myself. Ended up on Bribie Is about 40Min north of home the island is joined to the mainland by a bridge. Took a few shots you can see the glasshouse Mt's in the distance. They have nice parking for bikes at the jetty choice of grass or slab, unfortunately as the picture shows black bikes only. Picture of a Leopard Main Battle Tank these replaced the Centurion in 1977. This was later replaced by the Abrams in 2007. I was at the Army workshops in 1972 when they were trialling the Abrams against the Leopard. They went with the Leopard don't know why. Last couple of pictures east side of Bribie looking out to Moreton Island. Had a pod of Dolphins swimming around but too far to get a shot only had my phone you also get Dugongs swimming around. They have signs up for the Dugongs been here 18 years and have never seen one I think they are imaginary.This is normally the surf side but it was dead calm today. I also got approached by a guy who was telling me about his early K75 it is in the shop at the moment getting a new water pump shaft. He said that apart from this and a clutch meltdown this was all the problems he had in 560,000 K's. Gryph no pictures of palm trees.
Regards a very happy Martin.
  • North Lakes Queensland Australia
  • 1992 K75s Hybrid, Lefaux, Vespa V twin.

Tags: