Author Topic: 1st post since joining  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Carey J

• Curious
1st post since joining
« on: November 06, 2015, 07:10:13 AM »
1st post since joining, greetings to all fellow brick owners.  While I have played with a K100 for a lot of years (popular and cheap here in Australia) I have always had a Triumph or the like that never had to have a spanner bounced off it as the day to day ride bike.  I have a 84 K100RS on the bench (for the past 5 years would you believe) that I intended to transform to cafe mode, rebuilt motor, replaced all the aging bits and pieces gradually until the completion draws near.  I think seriously the years of riding chairs will make the strap-ons, rear set pedals cause me grief. I have an 85 RT with chair that gets an occasional ride but the larger R3 for the past 7 years has taken the shine off throwing it into corners, sorry slide into corners, I cannot ever recall actually throwing either of them into a bend.  The beema with the single chair likes to rear her flanks while the Rocket with the EZS double corners like a semi-trailer.  Have not got a bench photo of the cafe, however will get one for posting, will see how I go posting the two chairs............great to read all the banter about the brick.............regards carey johnson
  • Lemon Tree Passage NSW Australia
  • R3 Tourer @ EZS chair - 84 K100RS - 85 K100RT + DJP chair

Offline drut

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: 1st post since joining
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 03:17:49 PM »
Hello & welcome.Some pics of your stable would be nice!
  • Newcastle upon Tyne UK
  • 1990 K100RS + 1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II + 1971 Aermacchi/HD 350ss
Much older but certainly no wiser!

Offline Carey J

• Curious
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 10:06:18 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding, have been absent for some time, still have not photographed the bench lady.  I have really benefited with Motobrick information in rounding up alternative mechanicals, thank you..regards CJ

Offline drut

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 03:05:44 PM »
Thanks for that,love the bikes and the dog!
  • Newcastle upon Tyne UK
  • 1990 K100RS + 1980 Moto Guzzi V50 II + 1971 Aermacchi/HD 350ss
Much older but certainly no wiser!

Offline Bokobob

• I am a 1936 Model
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:51:49 AM »
Nice remarks from down under and also nice photos.
  • Gastonia, NC
Grace + Peace,
Bob
1995 BMW K75
2104 Honda CB1100 Standard 4 cyl
1994 Honda Magna 750 V4
1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 500

Offline Carey J

• Curious
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 07:58:37 AM »
I have had the Beemer for the past 10 years and the Rocket since 2008. Gindah (my dog has been riding the BMW since a 4/5 week puppy and she is now 12. Not sure why I bought the R3 when the RT was reliable and fast enough for me, I think the stump pulling power of the 2.3 litre engine clouded my judgement, particularly as I don't go any faster than the BMW and the unit is more a freeway or motorway build and not suited for most Australian roads. I have a yearning for Triumphs as a consequence of having one as my first bike when legally allowed and then through on to mid-life when introduced the Kseries.  I will chase up some further photographs..................regards carey j

Offline BeemerBT

• Curious
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 11:37:20 PM »
I think the stump pulling power of the 2.3 litre engine clouded my judgement

Hey, Carey,

I know what you mean about the allure of the big rocket - My buddy bought one because he thought his V-Max wasn't fast enough.

Me, I'm content to follow along, watcing him convert his back tire into smoke.  :eek:

Cheers,
BT
  • Central New York
  • 1992 K75RT 2002 R1150RT
My R1150RT is like my first wife.  Drop-dead gorgeous, a lot of fun to ride, and damned expensive to maintain.

Offline Carey J

• Curious
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 05:50:59 AM »

Evening BT, oddly enough that is the least expensive item on the R3 rig I have, I use car tyres all round, far cheaper than cycle and longer lasting obviously.  The short time I had it solo I never really gave it a handful before importing the chair, the odd time I stuck it to her I ended up sideways attempting to keep going in the same direction.  As a lad I rode short circuit before joining the army and steering a cavorting sidecar reminded me riding full lock again. I only got into BMW's as a result of falling in love with the simplicity and strength of the early K series.  I have the 85RT with a single chair that is very easy to pop up in the air (I have it on car tyres as well) but it is far sedater and more a refined lady than the rocket.  I have missed solo riding since selling a 2004 Bonneville I had since new (wife problems I guess we all know about) however the 84RS I have built up slowly over the years (with money the household hasn't missed at this time)  is nearly finished.  Not sure how I am going to go with the combination of cafe style and a reasonably healthy 69 male rider.  Am aware that a lot of senior riders forget they rode at their best many years earlier and tend to push the envelope and given sidecars and solo's are worlds apart I intend taking it very carefully. This site has been a mine of information with any problems that I have encountered so far in the remake.  Anyway friend good to hear from you, regards  carey

Tags: