Author Topic: new guy on the block  (Read 3164 times)

Offline rogersgeorge

• Curious
new guy on the block
« on: June 22, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »
I described why I joined this forum in the Bar Room. Here's a bit about me.

I'm a technical writer on a contract with Boeing in Annapolis, MD. I rented a room to save myself the 83-mile commute home in Newark, DE, where I have a wife, two acres, three kids, a couple dozen chickens, and a large friendly dog.  Go to the eating room to find out about our pig roast this July, to which you're all invited. To learn the long story about my joining up, see the two top posts on my blog, Mushrooms to Motorcycles. (google it)
Rogers George
1993 K75s
1984 R100RT

Offline mystic red

• Retired Professsional Driver
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: new guy on the block
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:08:46 PM »
Welcome the the forum. Hope you have a good experience here although that's not likely.

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
Welcome!

Q: How many people work at Boeing?

A: About half. ;D

(My dad spent 41 years there, my bother works there now and I did a few stints there as a consultant.)
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline Ocelot

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Ocelot: small, agile, powerful, stealthy.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 03:04:26 PM »
Jesus! What a shine!

Rogers George brought his new to him 93 K75S over yesterday. Bright blue paint looks like fresh off the showroom floor. Never seen such a shine on an 18 year old bike. Never. Spotless black sump and valve covers, spotless shiny silver stripes on them, impeccable everything. Even the Corbin seat looks brand spanking new. Hell of a find.

Question: Should his bright blue K75S tank have a pinstripe on it? I'm wondering if it was re-painted.

Wish I had the scratch to burn, I'd re-paint Ocelot. I have seen pics of bright yellow bricks. Delightful. Never enough yellow in this worl.
1990 K75C Ocelot
2003 R1200CLC Annie
2007 KLR650 Biffy Bullfrog

Tags: