Author Topic: 08-11-28 RoxxieRae SoCal Black Friday Ride  (Read 2973 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
08-11-28 RoxxieRae SoCal Black Friday Ride
« on: May 01, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
we had 3 pashnuts and 1 east coast visitor at the shell station...

tad on his honda cbr1000rrle... victor the visitor on his rental ninja... roxxierae on her suzuki sv1000s... johnny owrstrich on the bugeye motobrick...

the plan was to ride jeffeverdes route... but with all the recent rain we decided to run the 2 all the way to the end... then decide how to proceed...

some rocks... some dirt... some sand... some wet...

then out of nowhere... ice... i thought it was white sand... but it was ice...

we turned back and stopped at newcombs ranch to warm up and figure it out...

http://www.newcombsranch.com/home_iframe.htm

than back down the hill... slowly now... as i was followed to mt wilson my a motochp...

did i mention slowly... officer gonzalez... tads biggest fan...

thinking the back side of the hill would be more of the same... so we decided to ride keefs route from fraizer park... with daylight at a premium these days we decided to slab it all the way to save time... the grapevine was a mess... but tad took the lead and we got there quick...

victor the visitor was mia... i saw him stop to pick up some sunglasses... i stopped too... but took off to catch tad and roxxierae... when we got to frazier park we figured he bugged out to something else...

the fog was so dense at frazier park that i couldnt see 100 feet at times...

once we got on lockwood valley road we didnt encounter any traffic... it was madness...

look here... throttle locked at 80mph... sitting on the passenger seat... boots on the passenger pegs... riding no handed... taking photos... i couldnt catch tad or i would have got his photo too...

we encountered several streams flowing muck and debris over the road... this one was flowing water too...

we stopped at the deer lodge in ojai for lunch...

http://www.ojaideerlodge.net/home.htm

roxxierae eating healthy...

tad with the buffalo burger and salad...

buffalo burger and fries for me...

as we were leaving the deer lodge our riding buddy victor the visitor caught up... apparently he got the freeways twisted but he found frazier park and followed our route... its good to know he is ok...

heading home... to the pch... then split from there...

victor the visitor split at the 101 and kanan... tad split at the 405 and the 10... roxxierae split at crenshaw and the 10... i slabbed the 5 back to anaheim...

too bad micki got the jeffeverde flu or we would have better photos...

there you go...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: