Author Topic: CheezConsin MotoBricking  (Read 80276 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: CheezConsin MotoBricking
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2019, 08:55:27 PM »
greetings...

i prefer iowa curds and wisconsin corn...

still rolling...

* 20190817_194426.jpg (20.61 kB . 576x576 - viewed 588 times)

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Rcgreaves

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
  • "I'd rather be flying, but this will do nicely"
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2019, 09:19:45 PM »
Stop in Livingston
  • Livingston in Southwest WI. USA-"With the good earth all around."
  • 94' K75S, 85' GL1200 Aspencade, 96' VFR750F, 01' GL1800. Restoring: 95' K1100RS, 83' R80RT NEW: Motorvation Formula II
Doing “better than I deserve"

Offline johnny

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2019, 09:54:09 PM »
greetings...

im holed up inna bunker in the coulee region near prescott at the conflugence of the mississippi and the st croix rivers... thats abouts 200 twisty night miles to livingston... which im up for... butts i already checked in at this he11 hole...

so livingston maybe next weekend... i gotts to meet up with herseyb maybe next saturday to adjust the supercharger on his rs eleven hundert... 

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Rcgreaves

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2019, 09:56:28 PM »
Love to see a charger- funeral commitment Saturday Stoughton friend slipped in hot tub broke his neck drowned— what a way to go..
  • 94' K75S, 85' GL1200 Aspencade, 96' VFR750F, 01' GL1800. Restoring: 95' K1100RS, 83' R80RT NEW: Motorvation Formula II

Offline johnny

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2019, 09:58:34 PM »
greetings...

rodger that... better than slow painful complications due to pirate road rash... im in for labour day weekend...

j o

Offline Rcgreaves

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »
All day prowling the Chee today both on and above road.  First was Madison for a Reuben omelette at the famous Mickies Dairy Bar in the shadow of Camp Randall Badgers football stadium.  Then south 10 miles to rural Brooklyn and some aviation get with long time pal Mike and his daughter.  Flew west dive bomber my home for pictures the further west to the Grant county seat Lancaster International. Switched pilots so I could get some stick time back to KMJR Iowa County Regional where I plan to soon lease a hanger.  Landing looks “pretty nahyss “ swapped rides at Mineral Point son jumped in 172 to base and my K .  I wandered home to build a stump burning fire- just pulled the brats—yummy.  Last pic is one morning early this week my yard was soo purdy- roads of the Chee around dawn haze in the furrows sun in yer eyes cresting hills.  I routinely crack 100 on the clock.. someone here termed K75s a mile muncher.  So true!  Bilt Techno helmet with integrated Bluetooth near useless on K, on my G wing with its awesome fairing- not too bad.  eBay 85$ was a steal I thought- can’t tecommend.... Great day to be alive

Offline Hilltopper46

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2019, 03:32:47 PM »
Back when I rode a Goldwing and had a Racine address we discovered the Milton Family Restaurant and would often ride over on a holiday (Memorial Day, Independence Day or Labor Day) to have breakfast there.

So today, Momma is in Alabama visiting sick relatives, so I rode over to Milton to have breakfast (almost 11 by the time I finished), then down to a Yamaha dealer south of Janesville, a quick stop at a Triumph dealer near Janesville and back home.

Just  few notes - until I got to Milton, I saw more turkeys on the road than anything else - real wild turkeys!!  Just west of here, a couple ran out of the ditch in front of me and scared the bejeebers out of me, then about 10 miles later one adult with a flock of young ones (too many to count, but at least ten).

Nearing Milton I rode past the gasahol plant - interesting smell, that!

On the way home, I had a lucky whim when riding north off US Hwy 14 on County M, I decided to leave M and run north on County Line Rd. County Hwy A was completely torn up - impassable - going west onto Rock county - I don't know how far. Lucky for me, I wanted to proceed in the other direction. County Hwy A needs rebuilding in Rock county - ultimately this will be a good thing.

Part of the attraction of the ride to Milton is riding past the south end of Whitewater lake. I'll try to post a couple pics of the route. Not that many twisties, but  a lot of nice scenery. With the rainy summer we have had, everything is green yet at the end of August. The high today is 70F, just a really nice day for a ride. I need to do this more often.

I don't know why Google maps insists on showing that goofy loop in the red circle on the second map.
  • East Troy, WI
  • 1995 K1100LT
Current bike - 1995 K1100LT - It RUNS!. You says Plum, DMV says Purple, BMW says Navana Violet.

Previously: 1982 XJ650 Yamaha, 1987 GoldWing, 1995 GoldWing, 2001 FLSTC, 2003 Goldwing

Offline stokester

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2019, 08:45:03 PM »
Next year I hope to take another ride to Wisconsin to visit family in Monroe where I grew up.

It would be fun to have a lunch meetup somewhere in SW Cheeseland.
  • Yorktown Virginia
  • '94 K75S Dakar Yellow - '93 K75S Seiden Blau - '91 R100RT Bermuda Blue- '78 R100S Smoke Red

Offline Rcgreaves

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »
I’d enjoy seeing you again.  Loaded up my bride for a beautiful tour of SW WI and a stop for prime rib in Dubuque.  Great weather in the Chee.  Just enjoying the sunset and wishing this summer would never end.

Offline Rcgreaves

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »
Rockton Bar- next ride!  Met Johnny in Madison for Breekkie at Micky’s Dairy Bar -see Johnny sighting pic backed up to Camp Randall Stadium on site where’s massive obelisk statue of a phallus was just recently removed https://www.thecollegefix.com/u-wisconsin-madison-penis-shaped-sculpture-to-come-down/  enter Johnny a reasonable facsimile in its place entirely by coincidence...😂😬😏. Anyway that was just too easy to not exploit you can see the construction or if you will- deconstruction site in the background.  Didn’t occur to me until now 😜Madison is A good midway meetup point for us. We talked K bikes on the diner stools then charged due south to my mechanic Bear in metropolitan Juda Wi population -6
 Bear generally wrenches Jap bikes (my 85’ GW resto a huge success)-but let me plug him here for fair rates and veryfinenworkmanship.  That’s a new word... Two Battlaxae drop shipped, mounted with new steel valve stems price too low to admit publicly.  Would that Momma weren’t waiting on me we’d be still in the Yee Ha lane.  (I take on Johnnyspeak like an accent when traveling abroad)—We hope to meet and greet again in October.  175 clicks on the GW now w 112k and rolling strong.  Fantastic bike.

Offline herseyb

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2019, 01:46:33 PM »
Mmm... Just had that reuben omellete at Mickey's for lunch.  Good call. 

I took off Friday to run an errand up to Chippewa Falls, and then off to a buddy's cabin for a weekend.   Finally got to test the "Dawn to Dusk" properties of my taintillator.  I think I am ready to iron butt to my cousins wedding in Grand Bay, AL next month.
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline Rcgreaves

Poo Spreaders in relief and mapping Q+A
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2019, 12:58:36 AM »
It’s all just fine giggling about poo flingers til you crest a hill in a pre dawn drizzle and my Battlaxes make like dull ice skates!  Very slippery that! Managed to keep rubber down. Stinky Beemer Betz in need of a bath!perhaps after the first hard freeze...

So what’s a good choice of ride tracker mapping app?  Can Google maps be used? Or am I seeing routes entered manually afterwards?

Work demands have been lighter pms of late affording me time to wander the General Mineral Point area in search of twisties.  I need to return with go pro to show a sharply rising 270 degree bend on county Q outside MP Johnie take note!! Worth the ride!  Let’s fit in one more fall ride?  Maybe some others in the area would care to meet up in MAdison some upcoming Saturday?  Flew most of this afternoon over the same area.  Sign me Inwinterdenial.

Offline Filmcamera

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2019, 09:30:26 AM »
So what’s a good choice of ride tracker mapping app?

I use Rever - https://www.rever.co/ - I was on the free version for about a year but them switched to the paid version so that I can create routes and also follow routes done previously by friends etc.

[/size]
  • San Jose, Costa Rica
  • 1991 K100RS 16v ABS1, 2018 Triumph Street Triple RS 765
Poserbricker

Offline herseyb

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »
Glad you kept it upright, farm country riding can be scary.  All my bikes are in the shed now, getting ready for winter work.  The maps I post I just recreate in google maps after the ride.
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline Rcgreaves

« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2019, 03:01:17 PM »
Filmcamera, I have Rever installed. The first impression is great.  Thanks.

So normally I spend the workday daydreaming about this button hook corner a loop of County Road QQ offState Road 39 NE of Mineral Point.  The lens doesn't do justice to the elevation change but my pan mid-corner shows how oncoming traffic is visible allowing a full-on assault.  Switchbacks in the mountains are generally blind and you turn in track-style at your peril  Today I with a cold and wet condition- a slow roll and some video work is about all I'm up to.

Pictures are better than words even in the October gloom today: 

Offline Filmcamera

« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2019, 08:13:05 PM »
I am glad you like Rever - this is my profile in case you want to check it out.

https://a.rever.co/users/381434

• San Jose, Costa Rica
  • 1991 K100RS 16v ABS1, 2018 Triumph Street Triple RS 765
Poserbricker

Offline johnny

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2020, 03:09:29 PM »
greetings...

the rcgreaves tribe of motoheads... march 1st in the year 2020...

* Screenshot_20200301-140955.jpg (76.87 kB . 761x576 - viewed 451 times)

the kingpin...

* 20200301_132327.jpg (47.54 kB . 576x576 - viewed 430 times)

j o

Offline Hilltopper46

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2020, 08:16:05 PM »
I'm highly envious of the riding indicated in the above post. Unfortunately there are a couple hundred feet of snow covered lawn between my brink and the pavement.  177381
  • East Troy, WI
  • 1995 K1100LT
Current bike - 1995 K1100LT - It RUNS!. You says Plum, DMV says Purple, BMW says Navana Violet.

Previously: 1982 XJ650 Yamaha, 1987 GoldWing, 1995 GoldWing, 2001 FLSTC, 2003 Goldwing

Offline volador

• NEEDS MORE CHROME
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2020, 08:28:08 PM »
I'm highly envious of the riding indicated in the above post.  177381

look more like wine and cheezin...
  • NYC NY
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY  MAINTAINING THE OBSESSION

Offline herseyb

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »
Niiice!  I was out riding yesterday too - you fuckers could have called me!!!     But I took the sportster out, so I probably would have been verboten anyway.

Hilltopper - I dug out trench about 50 yards of snow last weekend.  Left a good rut in the muddy yard getting the bike out though!
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline johnny

« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2020, 11:48:28 AM »
greetings...

we were not riding... we were eating... ha ha ha...

i will post up next time i shake down the brick... wanna getts that catz harness from you if you dont need it...

j o

Offline herseyb

« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2020, 12:09:53 PM »
It was balmy out!  I wanted to take the K11 out but when I was checking fluids some gorilla must have tightened the drive shaft gear oil bolt down cause I couldn't budge it without getting worried about stripping it out.  I put a lil wd-40 on it maybe that will help.

I can box up that harness tonight and mail it if someone will be around to get it, I have everything squared away on mine.

2 Months till the slimey crud run - we gonna roll a wisco K bike posse? 

• Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline volador

• NEEDS MORE CHROME
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2020, 01:45:50 PM »
It was balmy out!  I wanted to take the K11 out but when I was checking fluids some gorilla must have tightened the drive shaft gear oil bolt down cause I couldn't budge it without getting worried about stripping it out.  I put a lil wd-40 on it maybe that will help.

Yo, sexxiB put some heat on that drive shaft gear oil bolt pop out lickety split
  • NYC NY
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY  MAINTAINING THE OBSESSION

Offline johnny

« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »
greetings...

if it rains enough thursday to warsh away the nasty sodium magnesium chloride cocktail from the roads... im motobricking this weekend...

* Screenshot_20200302-163928.jpg (56.31 kB . 768x432 - viewed 408 times)

who is in...

j o

Offline herseyb

« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2020, 01:04:07 PM »
They just put a fresh coat of salt out by me with snow this morning.  Maybe it will wash away Thursday.
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Tags: