Author Topic: Sunrise, Finally  (Read 3711 times)

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Sunrise, Finally
« on: August 16, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
JO, Micky and I tried to ride up to Sunrise @ Mt Rainier Nat'l Park in the spring, but the road was unexpectedly closed. I've visited Mt Rainier Nat'l Park a bunch of times every year for the last decade, but I've never been to Sunrise. This summer I've hardly done any riding 'cause work's been busy, but I got a chance to take to the road this weekend.

I left Oly late Friday afternoon and ended up camping a little NE of Mt Saint Helens. I awoke early and uncomfortably to a thick fog, had some oatmeal at the diner in Randle and debated heading home, but the sun was starting to poke through in the east and I decided to make way for Sunrise.

The road up to Sunrise was fogged-in like pea soup but cleared up perfectly near the top when I arrive around 9am. Services there open at 10am so I wandered on foot for a hour and then had some coffee and a bagel for $9. Chatted with a rider from E OR and a 2-up couple from Italy, then headed to Paradise. Being a Saturday in August, the park was filling up quickly. I've never seen so many vehicles at Paradise, it was packed.

Headed home around 2 before the outbound traffic got too nasty.

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: Sunrise, Finally
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 10:02:25 PM »
greetings...

thanks for sharing...

the volcano tour is one of my favorites... baker rainier hellens adams hood...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline roninvt

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • free range, cage free
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »
Cool pix Tim. Thanks!
1990 K75C
1993 K1100RS

Offline racinrich

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:16:11 PM »