Author Topic: **SOLD** Works Performance Shock for K1100RS/LT: Short Model/Needs Rebuild  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Niemand

• ^ Motobrick Curious
**SOLD** USED Works Performance shock for a K1100RS/LT. **This is the short version, which will lower the rear a bit for shorter riders.** NEEDS REBUILD **

Length: 14.38" unstressed, bolt center to bolt center according to Works (see photos below for my less than scientific measurements confirming shorty status)

Condition:

It is definitely in need of a rebuild, as it was discovered to be leaking greenish fluid about 200 miles after I got my bike 4 years ago. I have no info on the shock's actual age or mileage, as the previous owner stated in was on there when he bought it. (The bike had just under 28,000 miles at the time.)

It looks to be in good condition cosmetically, and nothing appears bent or otherwise non-functional with the exception of the seals. When I bought the bike the remote reservoir was mounted incorrectly as pictured below. I have no idea if this contributed to the seals going, just mentioned for full disclosure.

I held onto it thinking I would eventually get it rebuilt, but have decided the stock height fits me better at 6' tall. (Currently using a low mileage OEM unit until I spring for something better.)

A little under 2 years ago I was given a quote of $80 plus return shipping for a simple rebuild (best case scenario) or just under $300 (worst case scenario) to rebuild & upgrade: lengthen to stock specs and upgrade springs for umm...portly guys. (Not advising that due to costs, but just passing on the admittedly dated info I have.)

Be sure to get a current quote for a rebuild if interested.

Current list price for a new short one on the Works Performance site is $519, although I'd imagine one could get a new one for a bit less than full retail somehow.

Asking $115 shipped anywhere a USPS Priority prepaid box will go. We can work out other shipping arrangements if needed and adjust price accordingly.  Reply to this thread if interested.
Niemand
1994 K1100RS

Tags: