Author Topic: Fidding a 18" x 4.5" Rear Moto Wheel Widda Car Tior  (Read 66752 times)

Offline Rightsideup

• Motobrick Curious
  • Get your motor running...
Re: Fitting a 18 x 4.5" Rear Wheel Witha Car Tior
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2014, 06:41:42 AM »

Insurance company only care about getting paid, if the fault is not on you, they process the claim just the same.

Incorrect!! Insurance companies care very much about paying out claims and will look for any reason to avoid it - I reckon having a car tyre fitted to your bike would be a godsend for them. I hope it never happens to you but if you do crash on your car tyre-equipped bike you'll be fscked!
'74 Ducati 750GT | '78 MZ TS250/1 | '92 BMW K75RT
In the high latitudes of Finland, in the parching heat of Africa, under the most different operating conditions these motor-cycles run to the satisfaction of their owners.​

Offline jacksdad1963

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
Exactly my point! Doesn't matter if you are 100% blameless, the insurance firms will use it as a reason why you Could be to blamed!
You can always tell your insurance company what you have fitted and see what they say  :2thumbup:
K1100LT 1995 mystic red
Yamaha XS650 1976 fully restored
a few cars and 4x4's

Offline cat0020

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »
Exactly my point! Doesn't matter if you are 100% blameless, the insurance firms will use it as a reason why you Could be to blamed!
You can always tell your insurance company what you have fitted and see what they say  :2thumbup:

They'd say: You are 100% blameless, here's your check, we hope you find it satisfactory.

Offline Rightsideup

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2014, 04:50:17 PM »
Good luck with that!
In the high latitudes of Finland, in the parching heat of Africa, under the most different operating conditions these motor-cycles run to the satisfaction of their owners.​

Offline Turkus

• Rollin' The Brickus Turkus - '93K75S
  • Recalculating.....
Are you for real ??
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2014, 05:40:17 PM »
I can just imagine what the insurance firms here in Blighty would say......." He had WHAT on the rear wheel!" END OF CLAIM!  :nono

Insurance company only care about getting paid, if the fault is not on you, they process the claim just the same.

You are so far off the mark about insurance companies that your statement is NOT even funny.
I have 37+ years in that, and related, fields of endeavor that have taught me quite a lot over those years.
In other words....I KNOW MY SHIT INSIDE AND OUT.
I also happen to personally know a few "crash investigators", one of which works for a current 2 wheel vehicle manufacturer.
Seeing a car tior on a wrecked moto is plenty of grounds for the carrier to walk away from a claim - no ifs, ands, or buts.

Go read your policy......and IMHO they should have a "stupidity deductible" for people just like you.
Having to deal with "armchair experts" such as you just makes my life a living hell.....

As for this thread (and the one before it)....
I stuck my nose in here at the behest of another forum member just to correct you;
I've said my piece, and I shall not engage in a continuing battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Toodles....I'm gonna go ride my Brick that has REAL tiors on it   :riding:
You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Offline Turkus

• Recalculating.....
in the basement
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2014, 06:27:16 PM »
oh yeah.....
there's a reason why this thread is located in the category that it is.... :neener:
You can get more with kind words and a REALLY BIG gun, than with just kind words...trust me

Offline cat0020

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »
So if my bike is parked next to a curb and someone runs it over with their vehicle, insurance company is going to send an crash investigator?   :mbird 

Please, don't make me laugh..  :clap:

Offline CRASH

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »
So if my bike is parked next to a curb and someone runs it over with their vehicle, insurance company is going to send an crash investigator?   :mbird 

You sir, are the biggest idiot on this board.  Congratulations.
- CRASH -

Offline cat0020

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2014, 11:27:18 PM »

As usual, when a Darksider gets called on their incessant raging, they start insulting people.

Who did I insult exactly?

You seem the be the only person insulting another.

Offline CRASH

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2014, 11:37:55 PM »

As usual, when a Darksider gets called on their incessant raging, they start insulting people.

Who did I insult exactly?

You seem the be the only person insulting another.

Telling people that do not agree with your point of view .. a point of view that is dis proven by facts, experts and physics, that they are close minded for not agreeing with you is not an insult .. okay ... I guess I have to stand by my previous comment .. you are indeed an idiot. Delusional as well.

Sorry Sparky, you started it, you are making in fool of yourself post after post.  Please continue ... it is actually pretty entertaining, in a train wreck sort of way.
- CRASH -

Offline roninvt

• free range, cage free
Re: Fidding a 18" x 4.5" Rear Moto Wheel Widda Car Tior
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
 :beatdeadhorse:
1990 K75C
1993 K1100RS

Offline mystic red

• Retired Professsional Driver
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Fidding a 18in x 4.5in Rear Moto Wheel Widda Car Tior
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »
I'm very amused...

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »
its not beating a dead horse or amusing... this is serious business... i want nothing more that to getts my tiors at pep boys for $50 each and getts 30k out of them... im stopping at pep boys sunday to discuss this with them...

i need tiors for the fort bragg run... i hopes they will put them on for me... if not its tior iorns...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline cat0020

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »
Telling people that do not agree with your point of view .. a point of view that is dis proven by facts, experts and physics, that they are close minded for not agreeing with you is not an insult .. okay ... I guess I have to stand by my previous comment .. you are indeed an idiot. Delusional as well.

Sorry Sparky, you started it, you are making in fool of yourself post after post.  Please continue ... it is actually pretty entertaining, in a train wreck sort of way.

So you are the one throwing the insult and have zero experience about mounting or riding a car tire on a 2 wheel vehicle and you think you know all about it?  Who's the fool, really.

Offline Turkus

• Recalculating.....
Fitting a 18 x 4.5" Rear Wheel With a Car Tior
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2014, 04:36:18 PM »

Offline mack75

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »
I was thinking of fitting a car engine to my K bike....... Like those fitted to those cute little French cars  :riding:
Don't wait now is the time, enjoy.

Offline Turkus

• Recalculating.....
Fidding a Rear Moto Wheel Widda Car Tior
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2014, 05:06:35 PM »
I was thinking of fitting a car engine to my K bike.......

actually, I was thinking of putting the motor out the Brickus Turkus in Miss Nancy's Chevy 1500 pickup

it will get AWESOME gas mileage now......    :yes

Offline K75RT Keith

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2014, 05:58:20 PM »

As a matter of fact they will send an investigator or adjuster out to determine the extent of damage to the vehicle.
You can't help someone who doesn't want to hear the answer.

1990 K75RT

Offline cat0020

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »
As a matter of fact they will send an investigator or adjuster out to determine the extent of damage to the vehicle.

Doesn't mean they will reject the claim..

Offline cat0020

• Motobrick Curious
Re: Going "Darkside"..
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2014, 10:11:26 PM »
Here are some car tires fitted on Yamaha FJRs:

Darkside FJR

More FJR darksiders

Offline Turkus

• Recalculating.....
Fitting a Rear Wheel Witha Car Tior
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2014, 01:02:56 AM »

Doesn't mean they will reject the claim..

I wouldn't bet on it..... :nono

Offline Rightsideup

• Motobrick Curious
Re: Going "Darkside"..
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2014, 03:57:05 AM »
Re your comments in the other tyre thread, the first thing it says on the FJR thread is...

RUNNING A CAR TIRE ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE CAN HAVE INSURANCE REPERCUSSIONS. Claims in tire related accidents have been both denied and accepted.

Good luck with your claim!

Offline cat0020

• Motobrick Curious
Re: Fitting a Rear Wheel Witha Car Tior
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2014, 05:19:28 AM »
I wouldn't bet on it..... :nono

Who asked you to bet on anything?

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2014, 08:45:00 AM »
i betts i would be faster through the twistys because i would have a larger contact patch with a car tior... just need to find the right one...

j p
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline K75RT Keith

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2014, 10:01:22 AM »
i betts i would be faster through the twistys because i would have a larger contact patch with a car tior... just need to find the right one...

j p

Yeah Johnny,  looks like you'll get a lot bigger contact patch when you scrape the pegs....NOT!
You can't help someone who doesn't want to hear the answer.

1990 K75RT

Tags: