Author Topic: 1994 K75 RT police "CLAIR" NEW Up for sale!! Finished NEW PICS check it  (Read 57081 times)

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: 1994 BMW K75 RT police "CLAIR BUILD" brat cafe
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
Well, I spent a long time looking that up. I need something a bit vintage looking.
Gps are too expensive or they done have neutral, indicator, high beam and oil pressure lights. If all I cared about was speed then I could go with a GPS speedo used on small boats, comes with an antenna though.
I dont want to just cave and get the acewell 2853 but its looking like thats really all thats available, that also has a sensor I can add on. I have seen some others I may do like the ones on DCC and Drag Specialties makes one I just dont know how the sensor works or If I can buy an aftermarket sensor and magnet that will work with it.
Emailed Larry and no reply. If you could find out what that circuit is Id be very thankful, lord knows im looking.

Thanks

Offline Grim

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 11:19:48 AM »
This wasn't the thread I was looking for but it has a lot of info I think you may find helpful. He ended up using a magnetic sensor for the speedo. Hes got diagrams for the indicators. Really one of the nicer "Kafe" builds Ive seen.

http://www.k100-forum.com/t2611p50-my-k100-cafe-racer-project-story

Wish the Triple trees were not so UGLY! I'd like to move my switches and put a K1 bar on my bike. Wonder if a R1150RT top plate would work? Like their handle bars and its a nice clean look. Its a telelever fork so no swapping it on a K.
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 12:50:55 PM »
YEa Im going to wind up grinding everything down. Got Clip ons with risers on the way ( probably will have to machine them as I hear the diameter of the forks is actually 41.3) .
I read that K100 thread like a bible trying to figure out how a new speedo will work. This garage community I am working on my bike at has a lot of talented people all in different garages next door that are all very willing to help out and its great. So Ill be asking the electric guy when I finally do get a speedo. Im looking for something cheaper than the acewell that comes with a magnetic speed sensor to attach.
 Right now I need to make some more money for this haha. But its all going better then planned. This seat is coming out really nicely, Ill have pictures when its closer to completion tomorrow. Thanks for all the info Grim!

IF anyone is interested in some K75 parts check my thread in the FS I have the rear crash bars everyone is looking for, a set of tragkorbs, my fairing I need to sell and will go quite cheap because its damaged on the right side. tragkorb racks and a rear fender that holds the license plate. anyway jsut saying its all for sale, PM me for info.

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »
Seat pan is almost welded up, padding and leather tomorrow as well as the side panels. Gotta give a hand to my friends at E.R.A Fab and Customs where this has been getting done due to my garage being almost non existent and their welcome doors. Anything that was welded is Eric's handywork. It helps to have good peeps in your life.

Here is where we are at: The seat is all aluminum

This is all Eric's handy work, I am still coming up on the learning curb with welding but he is a genius, He fabricated this headlight envelopment in about 3 hours from a sheet of aluminum.

Because a lot of the front end parts are all waiting to come in, All of the front end will be started on in a week or so.
Muffler will be chopped for now but soon Id like to do a very short pipe and wrap the headers all the way up until the black tip I plan on putting on from DCC.

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 01:28:10 PM »
Here it is with the fairing off. Side panels are a bronze grill type thing. The seat cover and foam are going to be fixed up when there is time. I still have to remove the ABS and re do the brakes with new pads and a brake line, then replace the forks, then put on headlight, gaiters, clip ons and move the key ignition. Ive got heaps of school work this week so I hope that all can be done by the end of the week.

I think Im going to just go with raw aluminum for the gas tank. The seat pan and wheels have to get painted sometime soon too.

I talked to Larry of Special K's about speedometer options and he gave me some great info on speedometers. So thats happening too. stick around

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 10:41:56 PM »
HAVING TROUBLE BIKE WONT START PLEASE CHECK THIS THREAD http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=4899.0

Replaced brake line with braided steel lines and pads, clip ons new forks and the glorious 7 inch headlight from dcc is all on. removed all componets of abs as well and took out a lot of unnecessary wires. also dropped forks an inch or so. will have better pics soon

I still have a lot more things to do but its lookin good ay?

HAVING TROUBLE PLEASE CHECK THIS THREAD http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=4899.0

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
FIXED. This bike is made to be ridden the way I ride mine. hugging the tank in a tuck.

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 11:06:48 PM »
eric the artist who welded my seat pan was hiding behind the bike if any of you are wondering about the arm

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 10:27:49 PM »
Side panels are done!

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 12:20:06 PM »
Tragically I crashed it a week ago. However it isnt terrible. IM pretty ripped up, missing some skin but I have a new gas tank and foot peg plate on the way.
and thanks to Federal Aid refunds for college I just got a lot of money and this bike will be coming back amazingly and better than ever

Ordered,
Rizoma Mirrors (old ones snapped off on crash)
brembo front brake cylinder and lever from a ducati
tomaselli clutch
Tarozzi CLip ons
Joker machine serrated foot pegs
Koso xr-sr speedometer
Remote reservoir mono shock off of 2012 Ninja (same size thank god)
Pirelli Rosso II rear and Pirelli Angel Front.
Replaced headlight as it was mangled

Offline Grim

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 05:07:31 PM »
Wow!

Glad it wasn't worse! Pushing 50 I decided to stick to full riding gear so I would hopefully avoid the rash. Had enough of that when I was a kid.

Cager get you or solo?
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »
Solo man my own stupidity. Just turning to hard and hit some gravel.

Offline snowbeard

• Curious
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »
D'oh! Glad you're alright. These bikes like to move, I always say I get the same "thrill" on my BSA at 50mph that I get on the BMW at 120mph!!  ;-) 

looking forward to the rebuild!!  :2thumbup:
===================
/1957 BSA A10 Spitfire Scrambler
/1960 BSA A10 Super Rocket (basket)
/1988 BMW K100LT (in Lisbon)
/1987 BMW K100LT naked (in Colorado)

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 06:51:25 PM »

Throttle is finally done, (serious work needed to be done to fit grips on slide)
All pieces now ready for installation. Then exhaust, fender and gas tank replacement or fabrication and then tear down for clean and paint.

Offline Grim

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
Was wonder where you been glad to see your still at it.

Ever get pictures of the fairing?
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline rbm

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 07:01:53 AM »
I have read about a circuit that can be built to make it work with most of what on the market I just cant seem to locate a link for it.
Linky:  http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=3421.msg27531#msg27531
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
still need the speedometer connected and a bracket made, then headlight and mirrors put on but here are the new bars
tarozzi clip ons
ducati brembo brake
tomaselli clutch
brooks leather grips (which were a bitch to fit on the throttle slide, had to do a lot of fab work for it)
So what do ya think?

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: 1994 K75 RT police "CLAIR" NEW MONOSHOCK ADDED
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »

New rear mono shock from a 2013 NINJA 636
welded bracket for top and milled new stud with two different thread sizes on each end for bottom mount.

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: 1994 K75 RT police "CLAIR" NEW MONOSHOCK ADDED
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »

Finally have new KOSO xr-SR speedo on. looks gorgeous and functions great.
Tarozzi clip ons
Ducati 916 Brembo brake cylinder
DCC Original 8" Headlight
Rizoma Mirrors (mounted in R69s fashion ;)
Brooks Leather grips
Joker Machine-esque throttle
Tomaselli clutch
New hand switch
Milled triple tree
splines all lubed and clutch in fantastic shape

Still need to:
wash my hands
Mount new rear shock
front and rear fender fabrication
wrap and modify exhaust
mount 50. cal ammo can(s) tragkorbs
Strip new gas tank
paint paint paint
Side panels remade and reinforced with ignition, start, and choke mounted with in.
Seat re upholstered with real leather
Valve clearance check, alternator rebuild, throttle body sync, timing enhanced and overall engine clean up
new front tire and rear if needed
and then a nice good clean and polishing of everything

Offline Grim

Re: 1994 K75 RT police "CLAIR" NEW MONOSHOCK and KOSO SPEEDO ADDED
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 10:37:04 PM »
So did you have to change your underware when that plate it the tire? 

The milling on the triple looks good and I like the minimalist look of the new gage set up.
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
No thats just an example of how much I needed to get a new stiffer racing shock. Man it rides so well now. I feel like Im on a cbr when cornering now.

Thanks at our shop No Jokes Garage we have a Bridgeport and just got it working perfect! I will be painting the triple tree and there is still a lot more to be done but I will pass on your compliments to our genius machinist

Offline Wanderlustking

• Curious
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »
hey man awesome build

Ive also been doing my first build of a K75rt and your build has been a huge inspiration for me.

I was wondering a couple things, Where did you find gaiters that would fit the forks? How hard was setting up the speedo? that has by far been the most intimidating part of the build for me, I was considering just abandoning the K75 electrics and having a simple speedo/tact with out any warning lights. But if its doable i would much prefer a fancier instrument cluster

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2014, 08:38:23 PM »
Thanks for your appreciation very very much. Im still working on my bike, it is getting close to finished, willl post pictures when it gets a bit closer. I will PM you with my Phone number feel free to call for questions

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2014, 09:00:54 AM »
Still working. Here are pics of new side panels and ignition switch and starter, also just finished the floating rear fender. Let me know what you think.

I am almost done sanding and polishing the new raw aluminum gas tank and the seat will be getting reupholstered soon with a different color marine vinyl that will hold up better than this joanns fabric shit.

also added monkey nuts, my alternator bushings cup looked like shit 

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Lowered the headlight a bit, Just got new industrial sewing machine at studio so I can redo my seat upholstery. A bit of wiring and a bit more polishing and then the bike is done!! Let me know what ya think y'all

Tags: