Author Topic: 1994 K75 RT police "CLAIR" NEW Up for sale!! Finished NEW PICS check it  (Read 56974 times)

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
I recently got this for a sweet deal. It needed some work, I lubed all of the splines, the clutch is great and the gear box is clunky as expected, however the engine is great and other then the fairing being cracked on the side from a spill its in great shape. I will be replacing the rear master brake cylinder, removing the non functioning abs replacing pads and shoes, new k&n air filter and I will either replace the exhaust with an aftermarket, supertrapp luftmeister or staintune, and if I cant find those for a good price ill just cut the exhaust in half and do a little weld job there or remove the muffler add a short pipe and heat wrap it. The fork tubes were pitted so I have a set of replacement forks in amazing condition. So thats that Im going for a more aggressive Tatanka look.
This bike is great I love her. pulls like a train and I have so many extras on this bike and spare luggage to sell or already sold that the job will pay for itself. Here comes a beauty
checklist:
Brat cafe seat welded and fabricated
fairing removal
headlight replacement and mirrors
brake overhaul
clip ons or low renthal bars
new acewell or kono speedo or just remove it entirely
paint job green or black or raw steel or i dont know
tail end = license plate, tail light, front and rear indicators
fork replacement
steel side panels hammered out and painted
wheel powdercoat
If possible new wasp style racing fairing
exhaust replacement

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: 1994 BMW K75 RT police "CLAIR BUILD" brat cafe
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:55:18 AM »
Last winter I stripped my RT down to a naked bike, removed the ABS, and I'm loving it.

I've thought about getting rid of the speedo too but I recommend you think twice first. It's looks aren't the best but the function and integration is perfectly designed and I know I would miss mine if it were gone. My 50-year old eyes like the big numbers too :)

Good luck with your project!

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »
Well the thing is the odometer stopped working a bit ago and im noticing the tachometer get weird sometimes. Also its just big and clunky. I know the sounds. But Id like a new one its just that wiring is a bitch but Im stripping this thing down and the original is just gigantic and kind of an eyesore. ha

Offline cmichael

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Hey oliver.  I lived in ftm/estero for years groing up.   Good luck on the build.
1995 K75

Offline Grim

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
If the fairing is in good shape and  is going to be for sale I might be interested. Mines a little beat up.

Lot of this came with city cases. That have them and are they available?

Look forward to the build.
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »
Glad to see someone else has endured these god awful summers. I will soon be replacing the rear master brake cylinder on my bike, just received the brand new magura 12mm replacement from beemerboners I could use some tips for the thread on this particular issue here is the link http://www.motobrick.com/index.php?topic=4801.0 any information is helpful

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 05:48:38 PM »
Replaced old brake cylinder which was disgusting with all of the paint corroded off of it because the rubber boot was ripped and the insides rusted. Looped abs back on itself and routed brake line straight to caliper. will be needing new rear brake line soon. Emptied system of fluid, ones the new pads were put in I refilled the system by myself which I will say is a hell of a job. Here are some pics

Now Im stopping like a champ in traffic, also changed gear oil today, final drive tomorrow. didnt have enough time before work.
Seat getting built some time next week.

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »
Why didn't you just remove the ABS module?

I'd be worried about the brake hose integrity as you currently have it connected to the master cylinder. Is there enough slack and freedom of movement to prevent stress when the rear wheel is bouncing up and down?

FYI - Here's what mine looks like with the custom line/hose created after I removed my ABS.

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 10:34:05 PM »
I wasnt taking off the gas tank so I couldnt get to the pump plug if there was one. is there? Ill be changing my airfilter to a k&n soon so Ill use that time to remove unnecessary plugs.

Yes there is enough slack but that brake hose needs to go anyway so I will be changing out the line soon. Mine doenst connect the way yours does, just two banjo fittings.  How much was the custom line?

Offline mystic red

• Retired Professsional Driver
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 11:28:08 PM »
Do not do a K&N until you research it here and and the world wide web!

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 12:45:05 AM »
I went to a quirky, dusty, local brake line shop.  I brought the bike and the owner did the work in a little over an hour and it costs me $70.

I remember the days when I was hesitant to take off the tank. I didn't even know how. It's super simple if your fairing is off. Just slide the two clips near the seat out (if they're even installed), unplug the pump connector near the seat, and disconnect the two fuel lines on the front of the tank. The tank slides right off. Three minutes total if your fairing is not in the way.

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 03:04:31 AM »
Whats so bad about K&N's? I mean so some guy did a test on it... Maybe Im in denial but It really is hard to believe that a a K&n is worse than the stock paper air filters.

Thanks on the gas tank info, Ive been feeling a bit overwhelmed about taking it off knowing how complicated BMW can make simple procedures.

Offline BobZ(IL)

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »
Please, not another K&N discussion.
  • Bourbonnais IL
'93 K1100LT
'78 R100S
'05 R1200GS

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »
Alright well paper it is.

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
Just wanted to show off my friends build and my bike without the seat, did some measurements, many things happening this weekend. seat, forks, alternator rubbers, front brakes, abs removal maybe fairing removal might have to do that later due to slow shipping of parts<div>

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 11:52:17 PM »
Need help on some things please give me some input on headlights. I dont know if I should go with a regular classic round headlight, or

These piaa headlights(I think the wiring on this might be a bit difficult also I dont know if these will be effective low beams, there are no high beams) http://www.ebay.com/itm/171099110297?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

or these black dominator headlights http://www.ebay.com/itm/281115037076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

or these ruckus headlights (again wiring may be hard, as well as brackets) http://www.ebay.com/itm/370529627081?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Offline cmichael

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 01:04:40 AM »
Almost went the rukus route....good luck if you do, just make sure to get the oem's and not the knock offs.  Here is the standard shell, powder coated.....still want to lower(eventually remove the cluster)....

1995 K75

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 02:12:10 AM »
Im also considering a hella light and seeing as both the piaa and hella are single beam lights do you think there is a way by maybe angling it and maybe using a visor to use these as a regular headlight. The bmw k75 have an h4 connector so is there a way to convert that to h3?

lights look nice. Im always trying to go the unconventional route, gives me headache but worth it in the end.

Offline oliverinlux

• Curious
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 09:54:33 AM »
Im going to go with a regular black and chrome headlight 7 or 8 inches if I can find one but I will be doing a throw back with this bike by using old R/69s headlight mirrors. Ill be painting the bike black with white stripes and going with a very reddish tan seat.

The fog lights I was trying just arent practical but I think doing this back with old school BMW flare will be great

Offline Grim

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »
I like the dual ruckus or dominator if they have high and low beam. What a about a GS light?  I wonder if they could be fork mounted?
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
The dominators do But Ive seen them on others and they make them look to streetfighterish, Im going for a more vintage look.

Offline Grim

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 06:16:08 PM »
Ohhh well then you might want to talk to Larry. Hes build some Killer K bikes. The Beast is awesome!  Its running a modified R69 Headlight.
http://specialks.net/
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 11:10:20 PM »
That is awesome, I've seen an interview with this guy. I think Ill be going with the headlight guard as well as the mirrors, I never noticed them until now on there though. Ill be doing either clip ons(might even turn the clip ons upside down to have an upwards angle) or ultralow renthal bars.

Right now Im wondering about speedometers. Ive heard the only real trouble you have with replacing it is the neutral switch which allows you to start the bike in neutral, people say to fix this you have to run a series of 3 relays. Can someone tell me where these relays would be put?

Im not the most electrically wise person but I learn quickly. One of the other things im wondering about is the ratio that the speedo would need to be at or be set to and how would this work?

Considering Acewell since those are the main ones Ive seen done, anyone know of any good speedos that will work for a K?

Offline Oliver

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 11:48:14 PM »
Chopped the frame today and ordered a shit load of parts (keeping those a suprise), more work tomorrow.

Offline Grim

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »
That is awesome, I've seen an interview with this guy. I think Ill be going with the headlight guard as well as the mirrors, I never noticed them until now on there though. Ill be doing either clip ons(might even turn the clip ons upside down to have an upwards angle) or ultralow renthal bars.

Right now Im wondering about speedometers. Ive heard the only real trouble you have with replacing it is the neutral switch which allows you to start the bike in neutral, people say to fix this you have to run a series of 3 relays. Can someone tell me where these relays would be put?

Im not the most electrically wise person but I learn quickly. One of the other things im wondering about is the ratio that the speedo would need to be at or be set to and how would this work?

Considering Acewell since those are the main ones Ive seen done, anyone know of any good speedos that will work for a K?

The tone ring on the final drive that the speedometer uses and the signal it produces doesn't jive with most electronic speedometers. I have read about a circuit that can be built to make it work with most of what on the market I just cant seem to locate a link for it. Larry at specialk might have a link and possibly Maxx Here as he has put a mega squirt on his bike and I think he had to get a pulse that would jive with the Mega Squirt ECM. 
Another thing that may be more of a no big deal is the self canceling turn signals. I dont know if the cancel signal originates in the cluster or the ECM.
In the hot rod car world GPS speedometers are getting popular. Quick Google and there seems to be a few available for bikes.

Ohhh now this in interesting! Has Tach and you can use a magnet on the wheel for the speedometer so you dont even have to mess with the BMW signal. 
http://trailtech.net/voyager.html

Actually they have several including some that have the lights for turn signal and Neutral oil and temp.   
http://www.trailtech.net/computers.html
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Tags: