Author Topic: Lots of New Parts  (Read 5552 times)

Offline cheetah

• Motobrick Curious
Lots of New Parts
« on: July 14, 2013, 12:35:39 PM »
My massive road trip is right around the corner.  Time for some new parts...

Here's everything I did:

Coolant swap (BMW Coolant 40% / Distilled Water 60%)
170°F High-Flow Thermostat
Mobil 1 15-50W full Synthetic w/ OEM filter
O2 sensor (OEM)
New Fuel Lines
Trans & Rear Diff Oil Swap w/ Royal Purple
New Fuel Filter
New Plus
New Plug Wires
LED Marker / Blinker Lights

There is +11,000 miles on the plugs.  Cylinder # 2 has buildup on the bottom.  Do I need to be concerned?

New wires...

So sexy...

New fuel filter

New O2

New Plugs

Time for it to go

I removed the bottom half of the airbox (a pain in the butt!!) to get the FPR out.

Coolant flush...out with the old

The FPR out.  I replaced all the lines

Its dielectric grease

This fuel hose is rated for 175 psi and is made for fuel injection.  I ran this from the tank to the rail and from the rail to the FPR.  I bought it at Autozone for $4.09 per foot. Armor Mark #240844 / 50087.

LED Marker / blinker light on both sides.  Johnny, thanks again for getting me the #'s for the engine cover bolts.  Last night was the FIRST time the cover was on the bike since I have owned it.   :clap:

Cheers!

Cheetah
1994 BMW K1100rs
San Antonio, TX

Offline Grim

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: Lots of New Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »
Changing the thermostat to one that is rated different then stock is a bad idea.

During warm up the injection runs off a fuel map that is predominantly based on coolant and ambient air temp. Once it reaches operating temp it goes closed loop and uses the lamba(O2) sensor.  It's possible that it will never reach operating temp with too low of a thermostat under certain circumstances.

If you want to keep it cooler in traffic then put a manual switch on the fan or a different rated thermostatic switch for the fan.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HDA-3653/
Duck has recommended that aftermarket fan switch
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Offline bamaboy

• bamaboy; ROLL-TIDE!!
  • Motobrick Curious
  • '94 K1100RS
Re: Lots of New Parts
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
Do tell...  :lets-eat:
Ah-ha, I found your other post.  :2thumbup:
I've bought 3 pairs of those same lights. I was going to wire 1 set into my low beam, and 2 into the high. I'm still debating on placement, I do like how yours light up the ground off to the sides, does that help with critter sightings? I opted to do away with my stock mirrors and turn signals for a pair of GSX mirrors with built in LEDs, and was thinking of mounting a pair in the fairing where the old mirrors were. And then cutting bezels out of 1/2" PVC and mounting a pair on the front of the reflectors for a clean unobtrusive look.  :yes
They call him Big Al,
women love him,
men want to be him...

Tags: