Author Topic: Cafe front almost done, stage 1 exhaust mod, and a trick for rear brake removal  (Read 5379 times)

Offline MikeisonTV

• MikeisonTV
  • Motobrick Curious

Productive saturday...I removed the forks and added some gaiters, lowered the speedo unit, and put in new EBC HH pads front and rear, and stage 1 exhaust mod...more about that in a moment.

I've seen a good bit of questions on removing the rear brake housing because of the lack of clearance (wheel)...I desided to go about it a different way that was fast and very effective!

I removed the pads with the housing in place!!! I simply popped off the top plastic cover, used a hammer and pick and tapped the pins out...removed the old pads, opened the bleeder valve, pushed the calipers back, and installed the new pads. Enjoy

As far as the exhaust, I drilled holes all around as seen it the photos. My goal, to achieve a louder exhaust. I don't want straight pipes for the loss of power from back pressure, this was my first mod to it.

I put a bolt in to see how much louder each hole made, it is noticeable per hole.
Sounds much better. I will shorten it next but that's another day!

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
greetings mikeisontv...

looking good so far... where you gonna test ride it... the ach or the snake...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline MikeisonTV

• MikeisonTV
  • Motobrick Curious
At Johnny...Little PCH happened right after....sunset blvd to melrose...then home....The 08 R6 to the left of the pic handles the twisties!!

Offline Brad-Man

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
What size holes did you use?
  • Marietta, GA
  • '85 K100
Toys don't make the Man - Man makes the Toys...
'74 RD350
'75 RD350 w/Modified 400 engine, Chambers & MZB iggy

Offline MikeisonTV

• MikeisonTV
  • Motobrick Curious
I'm not 100% on the size of bit....I'll size it out tom....for u

Offline frogy

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Interesting mod drilling out the muffler.I wonder if it would cause any future problems?
2002 R1150RT
1985 K100 Naked

Craig

Tags: