Author Topic: Howdy, Howdy!  (Read 1934 times)

Offline garfey

• Curious
  • Retired, not SLOW!
Howdy, Howdy!
« on: May 21, 2011, 09:33:52 AM »
Retired Bubblehead here, enjoying the good life in the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas.  Kids grown & gone, last wife $**tcanned me back in '90, nothing to do but ride bikes with my new Ridin' Buddy, Ruffus Q. Finishline, who adopted me April 10th at the Finish Line Campground at Texas Motor Speedway (I didn't know I needed a dog but he did!) and so far he's ridden on the RS (96 mile round trip to/from Tyler with DQ stop on the way back) and 640Adv (just around friends' Longhorn Ranch).

Cool to see familiar "names" whose advice & guidance I've trusted since I got the RS last November and whose Ride Reports provided many enjoyable hours (HI, Shogs!  ;D).
Love the RS and am tentatively planning a Border-to-Border ride up the Coast Hiway in early October, following a week or so of DS-ing in Big Bend on the 640Adv.

Shameless Plug for a Good Cause:
This weekend is Bugs'n'Blues at ETME Acres and Ruffus and I are 'bout to head back over.  I'm told a kid from Dallas who will play this evening sounds like a cross between Wes Jeans and SRV - reason enough to be there! - and it's all for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. See www.etmeinc.com for info re future events, all worth a ride, IMO.
So Many Bikes, So Little Time!
'07 H-D VRSCR
'02 Rad, Red, Rorty, Nekkid SuperHawk, perfected by Kai Ju
'01 KTM 640Adv
'97 Husaberg FE400 (presently STOLEN, but I have hope!)
'91 K100RS
'83 H-D FLTC, in need of TLC
'78 H-D FXE Chopper Project, currently on hold (Home-made hardtail gooseneck frame)
'74 H-D XLCH, in need of work

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Howdy, Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
Welcome to motobrick.com.

I wouldn't bother riding "the coast" in Washington state.  The road is long, straight, boring and mostly set in from the coast so you won't see much but trees and pavement.  A much better ride would be to ride 101 to 12, then ride to Shelton and take 101 up Hood Canal.
Once I had a Collie pup
Dug a hole and covered him up
Now I sit there by the hour
Waiting for a Collie-flower

Offline mystic red

• Retired Professsional Driver
  • Forum Moderator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Howdy, Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »
Garfey, welcome! How bouts a bigger picture of Rufus on your steed? Gotta love the canines, man's bestus friends. 8)

Tags: