Author Topic: It's just not right.  (Read 4075 times)

Offline argent brick

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
It's just not right.
« on: May 01, 2013, 05:48:49 AM »
Yesterday afternoon, my wife and I were on the way to the store to pick up food for the next few days. To make a long story short, we never made it to our destination because of a car wreck. We were the last car involved in a three car pile up. One of the cars was a Prius driven by a young mother and  her son was in the back seat. They both ended up in the same ER as my wife. The third auto involved was a small late model pick up driven by a guy with no driver license. He rear ended the Prius and then somehow slammed into the back of my wife's car. When I started checking people for injuries, I found the Prius up against a concrete barrier on the far side of a different lane of traffic. Why the Prius did not end up sandwiched between the truck and and my sedan is still a mystery to me. It was right behind me when SHTF. 
I guess Mom is a great driver.  Mr. Pick-up still had enough speed to total our car after hitting the Toyota. He must have been really flying. If I had been on my K75, I would be in a body bag.

My wife is now out of the ER and we are finally home (about 2:00 am) and I don't know anything solid about the Prius mother and child. Me? For now I'm just a little sore. Oh, the guy that caused all of this walked away with out a scratch. Notice I said "walked away" because that is what the police allowed him to do. They gave him a piece of paper to sign and be on his merry way. Only in California. Driving an uninsured truck without a license and he just walks away. You think, like a drunk driver, he would have been taken away in a police cruiser. It's just not right.

Seems that they will let anyone behind the wheel of a car. Like I said, it's just not right.

My fellow Brickheads, please be careful out on the roads. Remember, it takes 3027 bolts, clips and fasteners to hold a motorcycle together, but only one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Check your mirrors and ride safe.
Lynn

Current:
1995 K75/3A Standard

Past:
1978 Yamaha xs750(P.O.S.)
1976 R60/6 RIP

Offline grant71

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: It's just not right.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 07:21:20 AM »
hi.glad you and your wife are ok. as you say the guilty party walked away. who makes the  laws in California. is it still Arnold?
I Live In Cape Town South Africa.  I Ride A 1986 K100RS.

Offline Scott_

• Forum Moderator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:36:26 AM »
hi.glad you and your wife are ok. as you say the guilty party walked away. who makes the  laws in California. is it still Arnold?

It's not just California that can be that way.

AB, glad to hear that your and your wife are OK now.
  • My Garage
Ride safe.

1997 K1100LT 0302488
1995 K1100LT 0302044
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb

Offline argent brick

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:34 AM »

It's not just California that can be that way.

AB, glad to hear that your and your wife are OK now.

Thanks Guys. It's just after 5 am here in The Peoples Republic of California and I cant sleep because I am in pain. Calling my MD tomorrow. My wife is sleeping peacefully right now because she is on a bunch of drugs to cut the pain, but she will be fine.

BTW, Arnold is long gone. He has been replaced by Gov. Moonbeam, AKA, Jerry Brown. I did not like him the first time he was in charge and still don't.

To far to the left for me. Of course that can be said about almost everyone in the state. Why are you guys still up?
Lynn

Current:
1995 K75/3A Standard

Past:
1978 Yamaha xs750(P.O.S.)
1976 R60/6 RIP

Offline grant71

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »
i think there is a 10 hr time  diff betw  Capetown and California. i use a pain powder called grandpa. works like a charm. contains paracetamol.aspirin and caffeine.tastes terrible though so the makers decided to add  a  strong orange flavour. did nt sell and was withdrawn. last month i was in a pharmacy and a guy asked the chemist for grandpa and a disposable syringe. these addicts did not want to inject themselves with orange flavour obviously. i hope the  pain eases soon. as  you say it could have been much worse.go well
I Live In Cape Town South Africa.  I Ride A 1986 K100RS.

Offline turq

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »
argent:
            Sorry to hear of the accident. Get well.

Do you know Whitehall Lane in St. Helena? Railroad tracks take a left (going to St. H.)
My wife has property up the lane; don't do it on garbage day!

Get well both of  ya'.  Oregon City.....

Offline Grim

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »
Sickening that we have allowed driving to be treated as a right and people like that are allowed to continue to be menace on the road. Driving is a privilege and part of the requirements of that privilege is insurance. That person should have been arrested.

Hope your wife as well as the mother and child in the other car heal fast with no long term problems.
1995 Morea Green K1100LT

Tags: