Author Topic: Safari Cycle ~ Bike Breaker SoCal  (Read 5861 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Safari Cycle ~ Bike Breaker SoCal
« on: April 21, 2013, 11:52:16 PM »
right now these guys have 3 motobrick donor motos...

safari cycle salvage... their move from el monte to long beach is complete...

their ebay link too...

100% positive experience with these moes...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Niemand

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: Safari Cycle
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »
 :2thumbup:

I've dealt with them via eBay a couple of times.  Always as described or better with excellent prices if you catch them on the first run when parting a bike.
Niemand
1994 K1100RS

Offline cy7878

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 02:59:53 PM »
Got a set of fork tubes and manifold off ebay.  I'm sure the price I paid didn't even cover shipping.  Items arrived well packaged and as described.   Great deal and I wouldn't hesitate buying stuff from them.
Chuck

San Diego
1985 K100RS

Offline Mongrel

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 01:19:08 AM »
So I bought my replacement final drive from this fella. It arrived ok was mostly in great condition and works perfectly fine, but had some damage in transit due it not being as well-packed for shipping as it might've been, given the weight. There were foam peanuts and some bubble wrap, but the unit was like a cannonball in a cardboard box - really needed a couple blocks of styrofoam or something taped over the vulnerable bits sticking out. Luckily this was fixable with a $5 replacement part (one of the two thin alignment dowels on the bolt holes was smashed in transit - the local beemer shop actually said they'd never had anybody ever order that part before, ha!).

Before I bought the part, the service was great, the guy talked to me no problem, gave me a great price. But after I got back to him on the damage? Nothing, not a word. Getting a $5 refund would be nice and fit the damage, but I'd have let it slide if he at least said sorry or replied at all. Nope.

So I don't know. Probably give it the weekend (to give him a week to reply, in case he was away or whatever), then just file neutral feedback.
'86 K75c
'79 Motobecane Mobylette (mothballed)

Tags: