Author Topic: BeemerBoneyard ~ New And Used K Parts And Maintenance Supplies  (Read 28960 times)

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Mars needs women!
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/  been using them for years, never disappointed
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline Ray20

• Curious
Re: BeemerBoneyard
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:31:31 AM »
Yeah, I have used beemerboneyard  a few times in the past and as a "foreigner" I have a different story....

Living in Australia I do a lot of mail order out of the US .  I can tell you that I have always had the best service... what I get is what I order, items are well packaged, and I always get the feeling that the vendor cares a lot about their reputation and customer service..Autohaus comes to mind straightaway..
but not all are the same.

Not Beemerboneyard :nono

My last purchase was a pump, lines, filters, and other fuel hardware..

A shipping price was quoted on an emailed invoice... of about $28
the invoice with the items said ANOTHER PRICE... like around $34

when I checked my Paypal account a much higher figure was taken for shipping..about $70 plus ... and we're talking a small parcel via US post to Australia... which is just a little bit south west of Hawaii....

I don't think it was a mistake.....

when the parcel was shipped, he sent me an email telling me that he had credited me $10 as he had got a better shipping rate... oh yeah ..

Although he has excellent items, at very good prices... I personally felt that the man had robbed me..

SHAME on you beemerboneyard....

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:44:32 AM »
greetings ray20...

i think their goal is to get rich from jacked up shipping to australia...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline MikeFigielski

• Curious
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 05:58:39 AM »
Yeah, I have used beemerboneyard  a few times in the past and as a "foreigner" I have a different story....

Living in Australia I do a lot of mail order out of the US .  I can tell you that I have always had the best service... what I get is what I order, items are well packaged, and I always get the feeling that the vendor cares a lot about their reputation and customer service..Autohaus comes to mind straightaway..
but not all are the same.

Not Beemerboneyard :nono

My last purchase was a pump, lines, filters, and other fuel hardware..

A shipping price was quoted on an emailed invoice... of about $28
the invoice with the items said ANOTHER PRICE... like around $34

when I checked my Paypal account a much higher figure was taken for shipping..about $70 plus ... and we're talking a small parcel via US post to Australia... which is just a little bit south west of Hawaii....

I don't think it was a mistake.....

when the parcel was shipped, he sent me an email telling me that he had credited me $10 as he had got a better shipping rate... oh yeah ..

Although he has excellent items, at very good prices... I personally felt that the man had robbed me..

SHAME on you beemerboneyard....

Hi Ray 20,
My name is Mike Figielski and I am the co-owner of Beemerboneyard. I can tell you that whatever shipping quote you received at checkout is what you would have been charged. We do not change shipping rates after the fact. In fact that would be impossible with Paypal as you would have to authorize any additional funds. The situation you describe seems odd The shipping calcualtor function on our website is automated and there is no way for the amount to change between the shopping cart and Paypal normally. I don't have your full name so I can not look up your order and payment info in our system. Did you contact us regarding this problem? I receive all orders and all customer emails personally and I do not remember anything like this. Maybe before you post something like this in a public forum you could contact us about it. If there was an issue with Paypal or the amount you were charged for shipping I certainly would resolve it for you. We do a lot of business in Australia and would appreciate the opportunity to resolve this for you. Can't do that if you don't contact us about the problem. Just email me off our website at customerservice@beemerboneyard.com and I will personally handle it. Much better way of doing it than trashing us in a forum post. Thanks,
Mike
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Niemand

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »
I've had very good experiences dealing with Beemerboneyard on several occasions.  I've ordered a few used parts for my K1100RS, brake pads and some tools over the past few years.  The only time I had an issue with a part, Mike resolved it quickly and professionally after a single email on my part.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again should they have something I need.

:2thumbup:
Niemand
1994 K1100RS

Offline Jumpin Jimmy B

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 11:02:16 PM »
 Ditto on the positive.
 I bought  a dash pad for my 93 K11RS.

They had used a  stock picture and it looked brand new. At 20% of new price. What I got was gently used and serviceable but not new and the
type around the key ring was completely gone.
 One quick email and they gave me a heavy discount FAST!

When I need oil filters I order the pack, I think it's a six pack, comes with all the crush washers too.

Also both brake MC rebuild kits where bought from them.

If you see something you need on their site, don't be afraid to order, they will treat you right.

If you don't like the way it goes down or have a concern, contact them direct. From my experience, they will make it right for you.

I'd rather be riding.

Offline Ray20

• Curious
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 09:53:55 AM »
Mike Figielski thank you for joining the forum and giving us a full response to my post..
I just came in from the shed…over the past month I have been slowly working my way through a 1987 K100RS with 2,500 original miles on the clock.... I have got to the stage where it should fire up fitted the battery this morning…  I went to put gas in the refurbished tank tonight and found I had fitted a cap with no key..and it’s locked… seems I made a pretty stupid mistake… these things happen.
 I have 4 K bikes right now. I probably have so many, as my 60 year old big brother who used to pick on me when I was a kid, only has one wobbly old R650.. this is my revenge..or something like that.
My last post was almost flippant and unsatisfactory so I’m sorry about that. I will contact you personally with any specific issues.

I think I should go back and just go through the experiences I have had as a foreign based BMW parts purchaser, from US ebay and other well known US based suppliers. If nothing else I hope it is valuable customer feedback.

I very recently purchased new from a US supplier a couple of complete fuel pump rubber mount sets with the lot, some hose and a few service items… the total weight was 1.5lbs. total cost $ 189
 Shipping cost from the supplier.. $79.02 to Australia… Fedex..   
 It was at my gate in 5 days, but does that cost sound reasonable ? 

From ebay I won a K100 output shaft… It was posted USP to me from New York State..I waited a month and it didn’t turn up.. the seller eventually located it for me in SWEDEN.. I finally got the part after two months…
Sadly the same thing happened with a shipment from the boneyard via USP. That shipment contained a small part that was mistakenly omitted from an earlier order and was much needed.
Mike you graciously told me that the second shipment would be post free or at reduced cost because of the part omitted from the earlier shipment. Thank you for that, but I politely declined your offer.

Tracking showed that the parcel went to CANADA for a while, then went back across the border ..then lots of nothing. The parcel turned up eventually.. I think it took 6 weeks to two months to arrive. I still have no idea what happened to it.
By then I had been waiting 3 months for a part that I needed to run my bike.
Man, I was pissed off.

Mike can I suggest you use a bigger font on the address labels ?  it looks like 10 point.. and is difficult to read..
I would never post anything international with such small font.

I have had a good experience with Fedex... and just don’t want to talk about USP.

Mike, It would be good to hear about your experiences with international freight ?

Why don't you use Fedex ?

Ray.

Offline Kyle10

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »
Mike: Appreciate your accountability greatly. Says a lot about you and your business.

Send me crash bars for an '85rt and I'll say even better things about you and your enterprise  :riding:
1985 K100rt
1983 Honda VF750F

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road.
The other 2% made it home.

Offline MikeFigielski

• Curious
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 06:00:07 AM »
I think I should go back and just go through the experiences I have had as a foreign based BMW parts purchaser, from US ebay and other well known US based suppliers. If nothing else I hope it is valuable customer feedback.

I very recently purchased new from a US supplier a couple of complete fuel pump rubber mount sets with the lot, some hose and a few service items… the total weight was 1.5lbs. total cost $ 189
 Shipping cost from the supplier.. $79.02 to Australia… Fedex..   
 It was at my gate in 5 days, but does that cost sound reasonable ? 

From ebay I won a K100 output shaft… It was posted USP to me from New York State..I waited a month and it didn’t turn up.. the seller eventually located it for me in SWEDEN.. I finally got the part after two months…
Sadly the same thing happened with a shipment from the boneyard via USP. That shipment contained a small part that was mistakenly omitted from an earlier order and was much needed.
Mike you graciously told me that the second shipment would be post free or at reduced cost because of the part omitted from the earlier shipment. Thank you for that, but I politely declined your offer.

Tracking showed that the parcel went to CANADA for a while, then went back across the border ..then lots of nothing. The parcel turned up eventually.. I think it took 6 weeks to two months to arrive. I still have no idea what happened to it.
By then I had been waiting 3 months for a part that I needed to run my bike.
Man, I was pissed off.

Mike can I suggest you use a bigger font on the address labels ?  it looks like 10 point.. and is difficult to read..
I would never post anything international with such small font.

I have had a good experience with Fedex... and just don’t want to talk about USP.

Mike, It would be good to hear about your experiences with international freight ?

Why don't you use Fedex ?

Ray.

Hi Ray,
Your example with Fed Ex shows why we use USPS for foreign orders. The same shipment that cost $79 with Fedex would be approx $50 with USPS. We ship an awful lot of packages with USPS to Australia and 99% of them get there quickly and without issue. Of course there are always exceptions with any parcel service and it sounds like USPS messed up on your shipment. Not really much we can do about the occasional carrier screw up. As for the font on the labels, we use Endicia which is the largest USPS mailing software around. The software determines how the labels are printed. That font is used for all of our international shipments and honestly we don't have an issue. The labels have bar codes which is how they are read so font does not really matter much until it gets don to the individual local mail carrier a which point I think they will know where to bring the package.
  As I said in the previous post Ray, if you have a specific problem with an order from us please contact me personally at the email I provided. I really don't want to conduct business on a public, non comercial forum like this. Thanks,
Mike

Offline jllphan

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 08:20:51 AM »
I'm sure many of you have opinions of this place, but my recent experience merits a post....

Upon my third order with this place (had good experiences on the first two) for a clutch cable that had just snapped on my ride home, i selected 2day air shipping because I'm impatient and wanted to ride with such great weather upon us.  Ordered this on a Wed night so I gambled thinking best case it would arrive on Friday, if not Monday.  I received the following email from BeemerBoneyard the next morning:

" Hi, UPS 2nd day would get you your cable on Monday, so I have upgraded your shipping to USPS Express so you will have it tomorrow. Jim"

I was really blown away.  It's a small thing i suppose, but in this day in age when i call Uhaul to rent a trailer and know more about my options (based on 5min review on their site) than anyone I speak with, or if I call the BMW dealer only to be transferred three times and put on hold for countless minutes --- this kind of customer service should be celebrated.  Thanks Jim, thanks BeemerBoneyard, you will get a lot of my money moving forward!
  • Nashville
  • 1991 K75 | 1975 R90/6

Offline stokester

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 03:47:20 PM »
Only good experiences with me...  :2thumbup:

I especially like their kits which include filters, washers and o-rings.
  • Yorktown Virginia
  • '94 K75S Dakar Yellow - '93 K75S Seiden Blau - '91 R100RT Bermuda Blue- '78 R100S Smoke Red

Offline koapono

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 10:14:44 PM »
i have nothing but good things to say about Beemer Boneyard, been a great resource for me parts were always received as advertised and pricing seems honest and fair but then i live in Virginia and don't have to have items shipped across oceans and/or borders.
  • prince george, VA (25 miles south of richmond)
  • 1994 K1100LT

Offline schrocketeer

Re: BeemerBoneyard ~ New And Used K Parts And Maintenance Supplies
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 11:52:34 AM »
Just ordered the Complete 12/24K Mile Maintenance Kit For All K100 2V Bikes for my 1985 K100RT, based mainly on this Forum's recommendation. Looking forward to getting my first non-Japanese motorcycle going!
  • North Alabama
  • 1985 K100RT (P.O. mod'ed)
Ken   Current: 85 K100RS Turbo, 07 SV1000S, 80 KL250, 99 R1100GS, 09 DL650, 16 4RT260, 97 XR100, 70 CT70, 06 YFM400
Past Bikes: 85 K100RT, 86 VFR700, 91 XR250, 95 VLX600, 86 TRX250, 02 GZ250, 83 Z50R, 78 ATC90, 86 XR250, 79 XR500, 72 AT1, 75 YZ360, 78 DT400, 75 DT125, 73 Trail 70

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 01:52:24 PM »
Just ordered the Complete 12/24K Mile Maintenance Kit For All K100 2V Bikes for my 1985 K100RT, based mainly on this Forum's recommendation. Looking forward to getting my first non-Japanese motorcycle going!
You'll probably need a cap-type oil filter wrench that snugly fits the intended filter.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »
You'll probably need a cap-type oil filter that snugly fits the intended filter.

Or a badly fitting one and a couple sheet metal screws
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
sold 6/23

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 04:01:33 PM »
Or a badly fitting one and a couple sheet metal screws
Or a wrecking bar and railroad spike.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline drneo

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 09:05:40 PM »
Always good, fast service when I order from them. Plus the BMWMOA discount is super awesome!!
  • Rochester, MN

Offline SDCR john

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 07:31:49 AM »
I have purchased from Beemerboneyard on multiple occasions, over several years. Always had positive results.
1994 BMW K75S Dakar Yellow #0154446
1983 Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans
2000 BMW R1100 RS
Bucks County Pa.

Offline natalena

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 08:27:32 AM »
Have ordered master cylinder re-builds from BBY, and assorted small bits and kits. It's great to get a kit with what you need to finish a job without having to scrounge another washer/o-ring or reuse an old one. It's obvious the team at BBY are riders who know what can really irritate a home mechanic that wants to ride, not wrench. * Plus, I like dogs.
  • MST
  • 1987 K75s #0919, '05 Sportster 1200C
We don't need no stinkin' moly.

Offline paratrooper34

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 02:06:21 PM »
    One thing I shy away from is writing a bad review for a business.  I have only left a couple over the course of 25 plus years on the internet.  But today, Bimmer Boneyard earned  a scathing review.  And here it is:

I purchased an oil filter wrench from them this past weekend.  I received it yesterday and to my surprise, the wrench would not fit inside the hole to access the oil filter.  The outer flange on the wrench is too large of a diameter and would not go in.  It wasn't off by much, but just enough.  I could have used a grinder and brought the outer diameter down to a point where it would fit, but screw that, I don't buy tools that are supposed to work only to have to modify them to make them work.  This friggin pissed me off like you wouldn't believe.  I purchased the wrench after reading several posts on here which directed me to their website.  I found what I needed there and ordered it having faith that it would work.  A trip to my local NAPA Auto Parts was needed after that and luckily, I found one there that worked.  Same size 76/14, but the outer flange was smaller and it easily fit inside the hole to remove the BMW factory oil filter installed by the previous owner.

So today, I called Bimmer Boneyard to tell them about the problem.  As soon as I got the words "It didn't fit" out, the person who answered the phone (Who later said he was the owner) got defensive and told me he doesn't know what the deal is, they sell a lot of them and they work as they are supposed to.  He then asked what kind of filter I had to which I replied "It doesn't matter, the wrench won't go in the hole to engage the filter in the first place.".  I could barely get out what I wanted to say because this guy kept talking over me and interrupting me.  I asked him three times to let me finish what I was trying to say, but he wasn't having it.  I then said just refund my money as it was obvious this guy is lousy when dealing with customers.  He said he would do that and I waited on the phone for him to do so.  I also told him I would make sure that I would let people know how this transaction went down, to which he replied "What are you gonna say, that I refunded your money?"  I then promptly hung up after the transaction was complete.  I verified this on paypal; my money was refunded.

Now, it should be known that I am a very mechanically inclined person.  I was a licensed plumber/heating technician and have rebuilt motorcycles in the past.  I do most of my own maintenance on all my bikes and a damn routine oil change is a pretty simple task, even for those who don't know crap about bikes.  The instructions in the service manual are super easy to follow and anyone with a couple of common tools and a properly fitting oil filter wrench can easily do this routine task.  So when I say the filter wrench would not fit in the hole, that is exactly what happened.  For some reason, the flange on that one is too big.  I tried to have an adult conversation with the supplier to explain the problem and all I got was his bullshit attitude on the phone.  Maybe, just maybe, he got a bad lot of these.  Hell, they are made in Taiwan, not exactly the bastion of quality manufacturing.  Maybe the manufacturer screwed up something.  But to talk to me like I am a piece of shit, interrupting me and talking over me, is goddamn uncalled for and disrespectful.  He was talking like I was making this up.  Why the hell would I even call in the first place?  It is a damn $9 tool, not even worth my time really.

There is an old adage that applies to businesses:  The customer is always right.  For some reason, this guy doesn't get that.  What should have transpired is a friendly conversation to try to figure out what might be the problem.  A "You know, that's the first time I have heard of this.  I will refund your money and try to get to the bottom of this.  I will contact you if I find out anything."  Bam, that's how you talk to someone.  I would have thanked him and would surely be a repeat customer.  Mistakes happen, sometimes they are beyond your control.  But the one damn thing you don't do as a business owner is talk to your customers like they are shit.  I would have easily accepted the above and moved along.  Now, I'll never buy anything from this guy ever again.  It is clear he doesn't value customers and quite frankly, I don't appreciate being talked down to by someone who should value my business.  I am sure many of you had good experiences with him, but you should know that occurrences like mine can (and did) happen. 

End of rant!
  • Western Mass
  • 1988 K75S, 2011 Ducati 1198SP, 1973 Triumph Trident (undergoing restoration)
Mike
US Army (RET)

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
be interesting to see a pic of the said wrench, sounds like a mix up.  You must have got them on a bad day our pushed one of their buttons, your issues don't tarnish BBY's stellar reputation as far as I'm concerned.
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
sold 6/23

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »
I then said just refund my money as it was obvious this guy is lousy when dealing with customers.  He said he would do that and I waited on the phone for him to do so.  I also told him I would make sure that I would let people know how this transaction went down, to which he replied "What are you gonna say, that I refunded your money?"  I then promptly hung up after the transaction was complete.  I verified this on paypal; my money was refunded.
What is the outside dimension of the wrench you were sent? Is BB paying for you to return it?
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline paratrooper34

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 03:00:25 PM »
be interesting to see a pic of the said wrench, sounds like a mix up.  You must have got them on a bad day our pushed one of their buttons, your issues don't tarnish BBY's stellar reputation as far as I'm concerned.
[/quote

Here are some pics.  You can see the flange on one pic.  The size, 76/14, is the correct size.  The one I got from NAPA is the same size and it worked.

I wasn't trying to do anything to this guy's reputation.  I don't care what it is; good or bad.  It doesn't matter as all I was doing was relating a bad experience.  If you'll notice on my post, I never said anything like "Do not do business with this site.".  I said I will never do business with them again.

Trust me when I tell you that I did not do anything to set him off.  I learned a long time ago that if you are asking a retailer to get a refund, you best show up with your best attitude because if you don't, they can always find a reason to not refund your money.  I prefer to be non-confrontational when seeking a refund and guess what?  That approach works.  Don't know what his problem was and at this point, I don't care.  It was inexcusable to talk to a customer in such a manner.

* Picture1.jpg (21.96 kB . 768x576 - viewed 951 times)

* IMG_0839.JPG (34.78 kB . 768x576 - viewed 939 times)

* IMG_0838.JPG (27.11 kB . 768x576 - viewed 904 times)
  • Western Mass
Mike
US Army (RET)

Offline paratrooper34

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 03:02:59 PM »
What is the outside dimension of the wrench you were sent? Is BB paying for you to return it?

Laitch, I don't have a good set of verniers to measure it with.  I would use a ruler, but the difference is a millimeter or two, so I can't do it accurately.

He did not say he wanted it returned and he only refunded the price of the tool.  I will gladly send it back if he paid postage as I don't have a use for it.
  • Western Mass
Mike
US Army (RET)

Offline stokester

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2019, 03:13:23 PM »
Looks just like mine from BB, in fact I used it again yesterday.

Measurement taken from outer lip.
  • Yorktown Virginia
  • '94 K75S Dakar Yellow - '93 K75S Seiden Blau - '91 R100RT Bermuda Blue- '78 R100S Smoke Red

Tags: