Author Topic: BAK BMW ~ Sioux City Iower  (Read 8431 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
BAK BMW ~ Sioux City Iower
« on: April 10, 2013, 12:49:47 AM »
bak bmw... sioux city iower...

i had a set of tiors shipped here... the ups driver showed up before they were open... so they went back on the brown truck and we went to the back of the line...

blew a fork seal on this deal... they had them in stock so they replaced my for seals while we waited on the tiors... ups showed up at closing and the folks stayed past closing to get them installed so we could roll oughtta there...

100% yeeeeeeehaaaaaa...

j o

• :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline Snowman

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Aberdeen SD.
Re: BAK BMW ~ Sioux City Iower
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »
 :2thumbup: +2 for BAK, have been doing business for years and I'm always treated fairly and with a smile . Dave Bak is a stand up guy
and his guys love to see the older K bikes pull up.

Offline Supershooter

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »
I've stopped by Bak to test ride before but haven't owned a BMW until recently so, I'm not aware, are there any other options for parts or service in the NW IA, SW MN, SE SD, NE NE area? I've been buying parts online, due to convenience, and 70 miles to Bak.

Supershooter   
  • Liberty Township, O'brien County, Iowa
  • 85 K100 RT

Offline Scott_

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
Well, I'll say I get my parts on-line and I haven't let a dealer touch any of my rides since '08.
As our K's are getting older, you are going to find fewer dealers with tech's trained to fix them. You would probably have better luck with independent wrenches(most likely will be former bmw tech's) willing to wrench on one.
  • My Garage
1995 K1100LT 0302044
1997 R1100RT ZC62149
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
1997 K1100LT 0302488 (R.I.P.)
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb

Offline Filmcamera

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 08:36:00 PM »
As our K's are getting older, you are going to find fewer dealers with tech's trained to fix them

+1

I asked my local dealer about parts and repair for my K and they looked at me like I had asked them if they could shoe my horse!
  • San Jose, Costa Rica
  • 1991 K100RS 16v ABS1, 2018 Triumph Street Triple RS 765
Poserbricker

Offline Snowman

• Aberdeen SD.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 11:28:43 PM »
I'm in Sioux Falls and BAK is the best option locally. I have to say BAK has worked on my BMW R80 and K1100 and I haven't come away disappointed. It is a 180 mile round trip for me. There is Judson Cycle in Lake Crystal MN (SW MN, 290 mile round trip for me) that work on older BMWs and Guzzi. I haven't used them but hear good things.

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 01:32:34 AM »
I use Max BMW for the stuff I can't get at eBay or Craig's List.  Somewhere on line there is a list of independent wrenches who work on BMW bikes.  I  think it was compiled by the MOA so they should be good.  One of them is in my area and I had him do a seal change on a final drive. 

Dealers should be considered a last resort when all other options have been exhausted.  Their only interest is to sell you a new bike.  I don't know if it's me or the owner, but when I go to the dealer closest to me I can't get out of the place without the owner cornering me and pitching a couple new bikes to replace my old one.

• In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 12:33:51 PM »
I don't know if it's me or the owner, but when I go to the dealer closest to me I can't get out of the place without the owner cornering me and pitching a couple new bikes to replace my old one.
Yeah! What's up with retailers, anyway? They're always trying to sell stuff. :giggles
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline Supershooter

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 02:08:11 PM »
Yeah, everyone wants to make a buck, I've always thought service depRtments would be the cash cow part of a dealer, maybe I'm mistaken.
Supershooter
  • Liberty Township, O'brien County, Iowa
  • 85 K100 RT

Tags: