Author Topic: SOUTH SOUND BMW, FIFE/TACOMA, WA  (Read 6050 times)

Offline TimTyler

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
SOUTH SOUND BMW, FIFE/TACOMA, WA
« on: April 09, 2013, 11:58:50 PM »
SOUTH SOUND BMW, FIFE/TACOMA, WA

My local dealer.

Service dept avoids old bikes (from what I've seen).

Parts dept is always professional and supportive. They have a parts guy (Darren?) from Australia or the UK (I think) on staff in the summer who knows old K bikes inside and out. Aaron in Parts will always give you a straight answer. They seem okay with over-nighting parts without extra charge most of the time.

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: SOUTH SOUND BMW, FIFE/TACOMA, WA
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »
south sound bmw... my expierence there was 100% yeeeeehaaaaa...

i have a habbit of wearing out rear tiors quickly... i was needing a rear so i called them a few days prior... the only rs motobrick rear they had was a metzelger z6... this was before i started carrying a spare tior already mounted on a spare wheel...

anyway im there at opening on saturday... they getts me in and out as promised... before leaving i do some slow figger 8s in their parking lot... my tior is deflating...  there isa bmf nail in the side wall of my new tior...

so i getts the service manager to take a look... he says its on me since i left their property... i says i never left... i was doing slow figger 8s right there... he putts another new metzgerler z6 on free of charge...

i call that good customer service...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:03:27 AM »
Bunch of incompetent manual readers.

Victim #1: 1985 K100RT

Spent over $900 having them try to diagnose why his bike would quit after it warmed up - including making him buy a set of new Metzlers at dealer prices before they would even test ride it for him. Never found the problem.  I replaced his Hall Effect sensor and he left me a voice mail six months later telling me that his bike had run perfectly ever since.

Victim #2: 1987 K75C

Spent almost $500 having them diagnose his fuel system (injectors, fuel pressure regulator, etc...)  to determine why the bike would suddenly quit on him when riding.  Couldn't find the problem. Asked me to look at it for him.  Took me less than ten minutes to determine that it was a bad ignition switch.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
To be fair, most dealer wrenches have little or no experience working on antique K bikes.  They do get training on the newer BMWs but seldom, if ever, work on older bikes.  Most service managers are aware of this which is why they usually don't like to work on the older bikes.

Indy wrenches like Lior and Mick Vallantine started their careers working on these bikes and generally have a lot of experience with them.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Tags: