Author Topic: My K75 RT general maintenance project  (Read 24529 times)

Offline Bassv

• Ride it like you stole it
  • Motobrick Curious
New tragkorbs and seat
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »
I was looking for bigger tragkorbs. I have the City ones that came with the bike when I bought it, which are very nice. But for a holiday or other short trip they are a little small. So I searched on the Internet and found a secondhand touring pannierset just 15 km away from my house. Picked them up yesterday.

Yes, they are red. I know. And my bike is black. I know.  :falldown: BUT.... they were cheap. And maybe I'll respray them black someday. For now, I polished them and gave 'm a good cleanup.

Inside the tragkorbs, it's very empty. No strings or nets, not even a rope to prevent the lid from falling all the way down. Have to do some modifications. I read something about upgrading tragkorbs on this forum.

Rather empty inside :dunno

My City and Touring tragkorbs together

I also bought another seat. Since the cover of the previous seat was torn at some places. Now I have a good one where no rain will get in.

Will keep you guys posted of future updates :yes
K75RT 1991

Offline Bassv

• Motobrick Curious
Ignition Switch
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
"Connected the wires using two terminal blocks. Not the most durable solution, but it works for now"

I've changed that yesterday. Bought some crimpconnectors and connected the wires with a crimptool. And I put some self-vulcanising tape around the connectors to make it all waterproof. Job done :yes

I also bought some new gadgets:
- blind spot mirrors (just arrived today from China)
- RAM Iphone mount (ordered in the USA (much cheaper as in Europe :clap: )). Expected next week.

More about these things soon!
K75RT 1991

Offline Bassv

• Motobrick Curious
Re: My K75 RT general maintenance project
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 04:41:19 AM »
Time for an update!

I installed the RAM Mount and it works out very nice. I also bought the RAM X-grip to hold my iPhone. Now I can charge my phone while riding and use it to navigate or listen to music.  :yes Still looking for some kind of bluetooth remote to control the volume and skip tracks etc. Any recommendations are welcome!

I also installed the blind spot mirror. Really recommend these! I still do watch over my shoulder, but it's nice to have some kind of double check. BTW, I bought to different pairs, but the square type sucks. It's not a wide angle mirror, it zooms. So changed it with the circle one, which is a true wide angle mirror.

Bad one, no wide angle

Wide angle!

I made a Youtube video of the installation.

I also have a channel on Youtube about my bike and doing some vlogs. You can check it over here:
BMW K75 Rider
K75RT 1991

Tags: