Author Topic: 08-06-18 Mt. St. Helens Hillsboro OR  (Read 3235 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
08-06-18 Mt. St. Helens Hillsboro OR
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:08:32 AM »
the plan was to ride windy ridge at mt st helens... then mt adams...

many feet of snow fell last week so i called the ranger stations to find out how the roads were today... they said the road to windy ridge was washed out and may never open again... they said the road that runs the east side of mt st helens was under 5 feet of snow... they said there were no open routes to mt adams either...

so we head out of longview wa on interstate 5... we take wa 503 to ape cave... its open but its a nightmare... must have been a thousand breeders there... so we keep going on fr 90 and then fr 25...

then we back tracked up interstate 5 to castle rock and wa 504 to johnston ridge...

here you go...

lotts o this up there...

then we found this blocking our way...

and these folks could not speak english... it took a while... but i figured out they had google directions to rainier... so i showed them my map and wrote down how to get there from here...

the rivers were flowing like a mo... the rivers are my favorite... but that crazy wench micki was asleep more than she was awake today... so not any fantastic river photos...

stopped for blueberry cheesecake... got it to go... was gonna stop at a picnic table... here it is after 4 hours in the side bag... lucky it was cold up there...

mt st helens from silver lake...

blast devostation...

mt adams peaking out over the hills...

waterfalls everywhere... we didnt get too many good shots of anything today... 4 in this photo alone...

scenery...

the bug eye brick...

there you are...

johnny
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: