Author Topic: New to Motobrick Forum  (Read 4686 times)

Offline 88KE

• Curious
  • Glendalough
New to Motobrick Forum
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:08:49 PM »
Greetings fellow BricKaholics. New to this forum but been on another for about 2.5 years since I acquired my 88 K100LT. Since then I have been working my way through if front to back and so far have got about half way. Mods to date are a K1100 Screen (still to be wired) and A k1100 centre stand, re-keyed all the locks and repainted the front discs, forks, engine covers and frame. I fitted LED running light strip in place of the Parking Light and additional LEDs to the Brake Light. I've also managed to hook up with some other brick riders on this small island for a couple of spins, so all told I'm really enjoying the return to two wheels and pleased with my choice of steed.

On the plans for this spring are to replace the timing chain, pump seals, Gearbox input seal and do a clutch spline lube while I'm in there. I've also got to paint the back end of the frame and footrest plates. The plan is to have the motor tip top in time for a big trip to continental Europe next year. I look forward to learning even more about K's from this forum.
A bad day on the bike is better than a good day at work!

Offline ChrisJF

• Motobrick Curious
  • some days better than others
Re: New to Motobrick Forum
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:11:30 AM »
Welcome !  I'm a new arrival on the other board but I've been around here awhile - I haven't posted much as long term health issues have complicated matters but I've just got myself a project '89 K100LT to while away the winter hours.  As well as the enthusiasm and knowledge available on the forums there's always someone who has
(1) been there
(2) done that
(3) can advise on the problems you may expect along the way
& - most important !
(4) can offer advice and hints about getting the job done.

Kudos to all involved - K's really are special. :mbird
1993 K75RT : project 2014

Offline Qdude

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • Dyslexic Agnostics Wonder if there is a Dog...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »

I have just bought my first brick and am also new to the site. I am a consummate tinkerer and will most certainly be doing my own fair share of projects as well. I hope all goes well.

Cheers.
96 K 1100 LT

77 KZ650C
77 KZ650C

I believe in Life before Death

Offline uncle john

• Curious
New to Motobrick Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »
Couple of wives, couple of jobs, trailer full of kids....finally got around to a post. The forum is awesome been a major help in my 1989 k100rs wrenching. thanks again will figure out how to get attachments to show soon :

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 01:03:16 PM »
Attachments:

- Click on "Attahcments and other oprions" link below the posting text box.

- Then hit "Choose fille" button
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline uncle john

• Curious
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 02:49:55 PM »
This is my problem.transfer from photobucket to my documents. make the attachment but no image                                                      never mind...fingered it out

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
Your link is pointing to your hard drive.  We don't have access to that.

:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DSCN0178.JPG
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline Hadyn

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 04:06:02 PM »
Looks Great Welcome, Im pretty new on here my self and already had tons of help from all of the great people on this site.

Tags: