Author Topic: General maintenance tips. (NEWER & IMPROVEDER! - with PDF version - 3/18/12)  (Read 69914 times)

Offline rbm

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: General maintenance tips. (NEWER & IMPROVEDER! - with PDF version - 3/18/12)
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »
What do you spray on the back of the disk brake pads to stop the squeal? The link to the product appears to have disappeared.
Download the PDF imbedded in the post and you will see the link and a picture of the product.
  • Regards, Robert
Toronto, Ontario

1987 K75 - Build Blog @http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

Offline ackgs

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Re: General maintenance tips. (NEWER & IMPROVEDER! - with PDF version - 3/18/12)
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 09:33:39 PM »
Yeah I'm a dummy :dunno Thanks for the help rbm.
1991 K75S

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline ackgs

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 12:08:55 PM »
Pads should be here Friday. I'll pick up a can of that in the meantime.
1991 K75S

Offline johnny

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 02:23:12 PM »
me aints never needed it with the ebc organic pads...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline ackgs

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »
I have sintered coming - next time I'll check out the EBC stuff. Presently I am just replacing the rear pads. Can I use EBC on the front and sintered on the rear? Probably a silly question but would appreciate a little guidance.
1991 K75S

Offline johnny

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »
i have never heard of the rear brakes making noise... only the front...

organic or sintered or otherwise... its personal preference... organic = easy on the discs...

j o

Offline ackgs

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 07:32:48 AM »
That is the case on my bike. Back does not make noise, fronts make some. Being new to Ks I did not know that was the norm. Just figured for some reason the back brakes were quiet. Previously owning the GS I am used to R bikes noisy quirks, the K a very different beast. I won't bother with the brake quiet on the rear then I'll just get some when I replace the front pads this winter.
1991 K75S

Offline tjg79

• Curious
  • 1985 BMW K100RS
https://www.belray.com/product/moto-chill-racing-coolant/

"When refilling the cooling system use BEL RAY Moto Coolant undiluted. It prevents trouble for decades."

I got this recommendation from the flying brick website.

I think it's the best choice for the cooling system.

Regards

Offline MonkeyMcBean

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
have you thought about adding your own molybdenum di-sulfide  instead of buying the moly that has been added to oil already?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/391158339526?lpid=82&chn=ps
  • North Dakota, USA
  • 1993 k75s
This is it. F*** it. It is what it is.

Tags: