Author Topic: Where To Buy Riding Gear ~ List Of Links  (Read 16377 times)

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Where To Buy Riding Gear ~ List Of Links
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:55:27 AM »
List your favorite on-line places to buy gear here.

I'll start:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/ - (formerly New Enough) - good prices, product reviews and first hand sizing info by their employees, reputation for excellent customer service

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ - lots of products, lots of sale items, good place to find lots of customer reviews for products

http://www.denniskirk.com/ - huge inventory.  DK has a "beat it by a buck" policy: http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common/PriceComp.jsp#0 (And they do stand behind it.)

http://www.aerostich.com/ - great gear designed by/for "real" riders, a bit on the spendy side though.  Gottas love any vendor that has a K75S on their home page.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/ - good site for base layers, socks and camping gear.  They also have a small selection of motrsport  items too.

Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: Where to buy gear
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 10:30:24 PM »
all catz lighting... the worlds best conspicuity unit... the catz xlo amber fog kit... dont roll without them...

motoport... i scored the stretch kevlar jacket n pants + the mesh kevlar jacket + the stretch kevlar jacket for m o... my opinion... dress for the crash and hope for the best... so i gotts the best... motoport is 100% yeeeeeeehaaaaaa...

competition accessories... i score helmets n shields n ride-on n tires all kinds of stuff from these folks... fast n reliable... one of my favorites...

revzilla... i score helmets n shields n gloves n intercoms n all kinds of stuff from these folks... fast n reliable... price match... zillacash... easy order tracking... this is one of my favorites...

motorcycle closeouts... i scored some of last years brand name off the rack mass merchandised stuff cheep... fast n reliable...

motogear outlet... i scored some of last years brand name off the rack mass merchandised stuff cheep... fast n reliable...

bike bandit... i got ebc brake pads from these folks... fast n reliable... rears 83914 (7709756-001) fronts 1655049 (6144826-001)...

jake wilson... i score tires here... lotts o tire swap videos... fast n reliable...

advrider forum fleamarket... anything n everything moto...

bay area riders forum classifieds... anything n everything moto...

bmwlt forum classiieds... mostly unnecessary ch1t for the modern era lt poserbrick...

bmw sport touring forum classifieds... mostly unnecessary bmw sport touring ch1t...

ibmw forum classifieds... more unnecessary bmw related chit...

kbikes forum classifieds... mostly modern era poserbrick n some motobrick ch1t...

south bay riders forum classifieds... moto anything n everything...

sport touring net forum marketplace... moto anything n everything...

ibmwr marketplace... this is where its going down... bmw motos n parts n lotts o unnecessary ch1t...

more later...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline HCorn

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »
What do you guys think of Euromotoelectrics.com?  They seem to specialize in BMW motorcycle parts.  I recently ordered from them and the parts came amazingly quick.  It seems more aftermarket than OEM, but it makes it easy to find tuneup stuff.

I have no complaints about maxbmw.com or bobsbmw.com for OEM stuff.

j o
1986 K75T

Offline Roy S.

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 12:26:07 AM »
K75s (will be selling)
K75RT (BabyBlue)
K1100lt (on going project)
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" TJ

Offline billday

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »
Beemer Boneyard    http://www.beemerboneyard.com/1sections.html

For maintenance items, I always feel confident that what they're selling is appropriate for my bike. Plus it's really handy to get (for example) the crush washers or O rings I need all in one shot.

For the used parts, I always wish they had more selection, sometimes I wonder how actively they are parting out bikes. Or maybe it's just that the things I want are hard to get.

They pack and ship orders super fast. And a bonus for me -- UPS standard gets to me from them in one day.

• New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 12:04:03 AM »
my next gloves are gonna be helimots...

helimot leathers...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline billday

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »
I just bought a pair of Ultra II Cordura Light Pants + rain liners from Motoport: Man what a fine set of riding apparel. Seriously. Fantastic materials, workmanship, details -- I am so happy with these pants. I own a BMW AirShell jacket and the Motoport pants are at least as well made. Plus, they're made in the USA.

The fit is perfect -- but be aware you need someone to help you measure yourself. Plus you have to struggle through their totally confusing instructions on how to measure yourself for knee pad location. But you get custom pants, not pants that have been modified to fit you more or less.

Plus, I was buying under a deadline and they delivered when promised.

My deadline? On Friday AM I leave for SE Arizona 5000 miles total from my home near NYC and back -- looking forward to posting my trip report here in a few weeks.
  • 1985 K100

Offline Lawrence

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:23:49 PM »
Chaparral is the on-line place I always go to for tires.  Chaparral has extremely competitive prices and the shipping is as fast as it gets.
Chaparral's annual parking lot sales have to be experienced to be believed.  Like, 15 cents on the dollar at times.  I've not been in SoCal for many years, but every autumn I think about the good ol' days when M/C stuff went for a song over in San Berdoo.
1985 K100RS

1982 Laverda Mirage 1200TS
1983 BMW R100RS

Offline billday

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »
Lee Parks Design gloves. Great product, made in the USA, worth every penny and then some.

I got my pair at the big motorcycle expo in NYC in January -- benefited from an expert fitting by the nice lady in the Lee Parks booth who not only sized me correctly, but then found the best possible pair for me from that size.
  • 1985 K100

Offline sbeadg

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »
I had a couple broken struts on one side of my top case.  I sent these guys pictures and they hooked me up with used replacements.
http://www.re-psycle.com/  They know the K's well.  I also bought a replacement parabellum windshield from them that was reasonable and in great shape.
They were great to deal with too.
'90 K100 LT 
previously owned:
'70 R75/5 Black Beauty
'80 Suzuki 850 (fostered for a friend living in NYC)
back riding again after 35 years and loving every minute!

Tags: