Author Topic: 10-09-25 23S16 Sherman Pass Western Divide  (Read 3008 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
10-09-25 23S16 Sherman Pass Western Divide
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:37:32 PM »
its been a few weeks since we posted a ride report... we did ride the northern sierras and all the major passes over labor day weekend... but we forgot our camera battery so no photos... had the camera... just didnt have the battery...

then my radiator fan started squealing and burned up while riding up the generals highway on the way to kings canyon... i replaced it in the hotel parking lot...  then experienced a battery failure...

i got a new battery and had to mess around with lotts o little stuff such as the fuel pressure regulator and the throttle position sensor... but the bug is rolling strong now cause its gott new ngk iridiums and somemore special trick ch1t...

so here it is... the 23s16...

google wouldnt let me route the 23s16 the whole way so map 1 is getting there and the south end... map 2 is the north end and the rest of the ride...

we rolled out of tulare on 1 donkey 2 llama road...

then off to porterville to pick up old stage to glenville to pick up the 155 to kernville to pick up for a burger...

tiny little flowers...

ranch1ta road... the gateway to the 23s16... 1 1/4 miles of dirt then paved the rest of the way... but we decided to go grab lunch and back track back to here...

this was the day of the enormous cones...

shirley meadows snow blower...

the kernville airport cafe...

fire chopper with bucket has been working the bodfish canyon fire...

here it is... the handmade kernville airport burger...

more later...

j o

• :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: