Author Topic: K75 Rider's Manual - English - PDF (Useful to K100 owners as well)  (Read 22533 times)

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Attached below.  This is virtually identical to the K100 owners manual except for the number of cylinders.

NOTE: Do NOT use the tire pressures listed in the manual.  Those values are for the tires that came on your bike 20 years ago.  Tire technology and tires have come a long way since then.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline GoldCoastBear48

• Motobrick Curious
Re: K75 Rider's Manual - English - PDF
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:13:27 PM »
 :bmwsmile :  franken :  quick request ,, would you know what the wording is on page 28 of the manual , dealing with adding fuel I think ,, it starts off with   Caution " ..........................................  Never fill the tank to the brim ......."  ? when the copy was made it cut off the entire sentence ,,  thanks

matt
san anton
94 K75 resto 

Offline DRxBMW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »
:bmwsmile :  franken :  quick request ,, would you know what the wording is on page 28 of the manual , dealing with adding fuel I think ,, it starts off with   Caution " ..........................................  Never fill the tank to the brim ......."  ? when the copy was made it cut off the entire sentence ,,  thanks

matt
san anton
94 K75 resto

Ha, you'll never "fill it to the brim" with the OEM flapper Matt.

Take note: there's an empty hole in the gas cap retaining mount. If you over fill, acts as a drain.

Hardcore bricKhead's sometimes remove the flapper for additional petrol range.

Gary
Williamsport,Pa

1994 K 75 ABS "custom"
2005 F 650 GS

Offline WayneDW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »
thanks for the PDF. 

Question:  I was hoping to find in this manual some more information on the heated grips controls.  Specifically, which way is low and which way is high?  I can't seem to figure it out when riding in the cold with gloves on.  Both ways seem to overheat my hands and I have to turn them off for awhile.

I found a section on it in this manual but it doesn't say! (unless I'm blind)

So, is up low or is down low?

thanks.
  • Minneapolis, MN, USA
  • 1992 K75RT

Offline frankenduck

• Adrninistrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »
Your answer is here.

HEATED GRIP SWITCH: (If your bike is equipped with heated grips.) The graphic on the heated grip switch is a grip with a coil of wire around it.  It is a three position switch.  Pushing the top of it turns the heated grips on on the high setting.  Pushing the bottom of it turns the heated grips on on the low setting.  The middle position is off.
Once I had a Collie pup. Dug a hole and covered him up. Now I sit there by the hour. Waiting for a Collie-flower.
New to K bikes? Click here.
K Bike Maintenance & Mods: Click here.
Buy parts here.

Offline mtschatzi

• Curious
Re: K75 Rider's Manual - English - PDF (Useful to K100 owners as well)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 09:55:28 PM »
Thank You for your help and the K75-PDF. It cleared up some questions about life two owners ago.  Last owner only put a battery in it. Some dash lights not on before start up, ABS warning and bulb monitor blinking. But so it starts as we get new tires and start to get acquainted. MTS

Tags: