Author Topic: ride NOT walk  (Read 3097 times)

Offline DRxBMW

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
ride NOT walk
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »
Considering adding a auxiliary fuel can rig on my GS tragkorbs for looooooong trips in the middle of nowhere.

Googled "rules & regulations" for transporting gasoline without much luck. Almost positive there has to "some or many" depending on what state or country you hail from. 

RotoX looks to be cool,rides relativity flat,choice of capacity,hassle free locking system mount. Plus, there EPA & carb compliant.

http://www.rotopax.com/home.php

Anyone here ever transport petrol long distance ?  Gallon lawnmower can with bungee cords does NOT count JO. Tips & tricks ?

At least this South African rider below will NEVER walk.

Gary
Williamsport,Pa

1994 K 75 ABS "custom"
2005 F 650 GS

Offline motodude

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
Re: ride NOT walk
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:52:45 PM »
I built a auxillary fuel tank for my Tiger.  It has a two part seat so I made the tank to mount where the rear seat was using the same mounting system (with an additional strap--for safety).  It worked well the few times I used it (long distance rides).

I've also used a one gallon lawnmower can placed in one of the side bags on my K75.  It worked but not nearly as nice as a aux tank.

If I build my K75 into another long distance bike, I'll probably remove the rear rack and build a tank that mounts using the 4 holes the factory rack uses.

The Iron Butt Assoc. has guidelines for aux. fuel tanks that are pretty good too.

Tom
'95 K75RT
'90 K75RT
'87 K100RS Motorsport
No, I am not cool.  Yes, it really is the journey.

Tags: