Author Topic: How your monday begins?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Blue85

• Motobrick Curious
How your monday begins?
« on: November 16, 2020, 06:26:18 AM »
Get up let dog out realize winter sucks (i know theres a sleeping mc🙃)inhale coffee....run out to barn let chief,amy,sarge the pony and honey the mule to pasture.contemplate sucky wi weather again...grab dog into work truck for 12-14 hours of fun!! How bout you?
  • Coloma Wisconsin
  • 1985 k100rs
Happiness is a little yellow bird tweeting in a open field...

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: How your monday begins?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 10:56:34 AM »
I awoke at 6:00am. I fired up the woodstove. After meditation and floor exercises, I made breakfast. After breakfast, I sat in my rocker next to the woodstove reading a short story in The New Yorker about a man whose wife moved him and his family, without his prior agreement, to a new apartment in a seedy section of town before he could finish listening to the daily evening newscasts of violence, tragedy, political disarray and human suffering to which he was addicted. I fired a few snap caps in my Ruger 77/44 carbine while peering through its peep site at targets of opportunity near the house. A couple of vehicles rolled by, probably pseudo-hunters scouting from the warmth of their trucks' cabs because it's rifle season for deer with no snow on the ground.

Now, I'm headed out to sharpen a saw chain and tree spade blade in preparation of moving a mature crabapple to a more convenient location for its owner.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Offline herseyb

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 11:26:59 AM »
I awoke at 6:00am. I fired up the woodstove. After meditation and floor exercises, I made breakfast. After breakfast, I sat in my rocker next to the woodstove reading a short story in The New Yorker about a man whose wife moved him and his family, without his prior agreement, to a new apartment in a seedy section of town before he could finish listening to the daily evening newscasts of violence, tragedy, political disarray and human suffering to which he was addicted. I fired a few snap caps in my Ruger 77/44 carbine while peering through its peep site at targets of opportunity near the house. A couple of vehicles rolled by, probably pseudo-hunters scouting from the warmth of their trucks' cabs because it's rifle season for deer with no snow on the ground.

Now, I'm headed out to sharpen a saw chain and tree spade blade in preparation of moving a mature crabapple to a more convenient location for its owner.

role model right here.
  • Brooklyn
  • '93 K1100RS

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 08:10:12 PM »
Woke up to coffee then attacked right leaning trees that refused to succumb to windstorm yesterday
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 08:41:10 PM »
Looks like some nice potential BTU's you got there.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 09:54:02 PM »
Looks like some nice potential BTU's you got there.

It seems like a never ending supply thanks to the emerald ash beetle, still have a bunch of standing dead timber I need to get around to.
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 10:05:57 PM »
Yeah, almost all the firewood around here is ash.  I have a friend who figures he has more than 200 dead ash trees on his property that need to come down.  Fortunately, it burns well.
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:

Past:

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 11:45:51 PM »
It seems like a never ending supply thanks to the emerald ash beetle, still have a bunch of standing dead timber I need to get around to.
Yeah, almost all the firewood around here is ash.  I have a friend who figures he has more than 200 dead ash trees on his property that need to come down.  Fortunately, it burns well.
Don't neglect the potential for baseball bats, billy clubs and baskets. Tourists are always looking for local handicrafts, even online.  :laughing4-giggles:
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 09:30:33 AM »
I don't know.  I worked with a guy back in the 70's who sold ash bolts to Louisville Sluggers.  I seem to recall they wanted green wood milled a certain way so they could dry it themselves.  Dead wood is pretty much useless for anything beyond firewood. 

Don't the basket works use green wood too.  Seems to me it would split easier.
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:

Past:

Offline Laitch

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 11:11:56 AM »
I don't know.  I worked with a guy back in the 70's who sold ash bolts to Louisville Sluggers. . . .
It isn't the Majors as the target market; it's tourists. A disclaimer noting that the bat is a replica not to be use for competition, and children should not touch the baskets due to high staple count should do the trick. Look at how many folks buy medicine despite the dire side affect warnings. icon_cheers  The billy clubs should work out ok as is. 
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles

Tags: