Author Topic: 1991 K100RS 50k & 2nd Parts Bike  (Read 504 times)

Offline volador

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • NEEDS MORE CHROME
1991 K100RS 50k & 2nd Parts Bike
« on: September 23, 2019, 10:50:46 AM »
Your cafe canvas awaits
Make a reasonable offer
Good Day

Ebay 1991 K100RS
  • NYC
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY "When Life Throws You A Curve... Lean Into It"

Offline TommyT

• New Brick Owner
Re: 1991 K100RS 50k & 2nd Parts Bike
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 07:34:20 PM »
I saw that, I am not far from the seller, i was interested, I just can't get a response from him/her on CL. I am guessing it is gone and the seller can figure out how to delete the ad.

Sorry I now notice this is on EBay, I am trying to contact the owner via EBay. Will update what I find out.
  • Olive NY
  • 1990 K75s, 1990 K75RT

Offline TommyT

• New Brick Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »
Well the owner does not seem interested in showing the bike to buyers. Wrote him on ebay,  i want to see it, i wait a day for a response. He say sure anytime. Yesterday wrote back I how about Tuesday. Still waiting to hear back, it's late Wednesday. Humm...
  • Olive NY
  • 1990 K75s, 1990 K75RT

Offline volador

• NEEDS MORE CHROME
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 09:38:47 PM »
Take a picture of your stack of hundreds and attach to seller message for motivation on a meet up
  • NYC
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY "When Life Throws You A Curve... Lean Into It"

Offline TommyT

• New Brick Owner
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 07:34:01 AM »
Take a picture of your stack of hundreds and attach to seller message for motivation on a meet up
Good ideal.

I know a guy with 94 low mile one owner 1100RS he was selling a few years ago on CL. A guy said had a stack of 100's to offer him and then proceed to hand him FIVE 100's. A short stack he should have said.
  • Olive NY
  • 1990 K75s, 1990 K75RT

Offline Laitch

• Redline 7000
  • Forum Moderator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 02:34:12 PM »
Well the owner does not seem interested in showing the bike to buyers. Wrote him on ebay,  i want to see it, i wait a day for a response. He say sure anytime. Yesterday wrote back I how about Tuesday. Still waiting to hear back, it's late Wednesday. Humm...
eBay is an auction site. Auction sites have risk. One of the risks is lack of inspection. If you convince him that you'll be there at x time on x day with money enough to make a deal, you might make progress. Otherwise, you either pay what is asked or make an offer. Have you done either? If you're unwilling to do either, move to a venue like Craigslist where there is a chance you might be able to view beforehand. I doubt you'll hear from the owner. Both Craigslist and eBay have so many bogus responders that many sellers just quit answering their questions.

One of the most dimwitted questions I'm asked when I launch a sale on Craigslist is, what is your best price? My response is—if I respond at all—You already know the asking price. Make an offer in person with cash and maybe you'll find out.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 72,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline TommyT

• New Brick Owner
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 10:52:42 PM »
I understand.

He did respond late last night with phone number, he added that he does not see mail often. I texted him last night about seeing the bike today,  10:30 PM no text back. He had this listed on CL early this summer, I can see why he did not find a buyer. I will try a phone call tomorrow,  maybe he does not do texting. He had said earlier in the first email I could see it any time, so he seems to not have a problem with an inspection before an offer. I am willing to make an offer after I see it.

I have had the same dumb questions from CL listings, I say about the same thing you say, I tell them to come take a look first.
  • Olive NY
  • 1990 K75s, 1990 K75RT

Offline TommyT

• New Brick Owner
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 10:26:33 PM »
Update,  I made an offer and it was accepted.

It did take a while to make contact with the owner. He turned out to be a really nice guy. Bike looks a little worst then the picture. It has sat for a number of years,  some of that time it got wet, there are some rusty bolts, other rust parts, the front brake lever is froozen. No battery, tire are very old, I am sure the fuel pump is shot, but the bike is complete, painted parts look good, side cases are in very good shape, seat has no cracks or scuffs. Rear case looks like a BMW one. The parts bikes is pretty complete, but the fairing is crashed up, no turn signals and the handle bars are bent badly. But the tank and seat look new, the wheels seem okay. Plus he gave me a case of BMW oil, a new clutch cable, a tank bag, repair manual, a nice riding suit, some great riding gloves and other boxes of parts that I haven't had time to look through.

If it does not take much more then clean up the tank, put a new pump/filter in, fix the brakes, change oils, then I got a great deal. Time to start a project bike post.....
  • Olive NY
  • 1990 K75s, 1990 K75RT

Tags: