Author Topic: Hello from Southeast PA  (Read 3940 times)

Offline AmS#3

• Motobrick Curious
Hello from Southeast PA
« on: September 09, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
I just took in my first Brick a 97' K1100LT.  Its been sitting for sometime, I was told it has been stored properly for 4 years but I see there's gas in the a mysterious liquid in the tank and the inspection was due 9 years ago so I'm leaning toward it needing a very thorough going over.  I look forward to the bonding time I will be getting with my new to me Brick. Hopefully my images of this attach as intended. 

* IMG_3607.jpg (111.68 kB . 768x576 - viewed 358 times)

* IMG_3608.jpg (113.1 kB . 768x576 - viewed 341 times)
  • United States
  • Current 97' K1100 LT Highline + 82' GL1100

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Hello from Southeast PA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
Welcome!  Looks like a nice one.  Good luck with the start up.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 05:21:23 PM »
All that and a Crown Vic, too? You're on a roll—even if that isn't your Vic. The moto has a nice seat and seems to have a brain scanning device on the top case. If you need a volunteer to test that, I could use the data.

You seem to know where to search for trouble and you've posted photos here successfully first try. Things are looking good! I hope it lives up to your expectations and provides a Brick's typical deep well of enjoyment for years to come.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline ScooterNSticks

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 05:42:13 PM »
Good luck with your new brick.  Mine looked fantastic but had basically sat for 8 years with an occasional start.  Had the dealer redo everything that needed done save for the clutch splines.  Walked out the door about $1600 poorer.  But I'm confident in my K75 on the road and it's a blast to ride.

Hope you find similar joy with it.
  • Boalsburg, PA
  • 1992 BMW K75, 2006 Vespa GTS 250ie
My Blog: Scooter in the Sticks
https://scooterinthesticks.com

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »
greetings...

that is the special edition highline...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline stokester

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 07:34:43 PM »
Welcome.  That looks nice.

What is the mileage?

I encourage you to peruse the site for information on bringing a brick back to regular riding.  It has been done a number of times and you may learn from previous work.
  • Yorktown Virginia
  • '94 K75S Dakar Yellow - '93 K75S Seiden Blau - '91 R100RT Bermuda Blue- '78 R100S Smoke Red

Offline natalena

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 09:09:43 AM »
Welcome aboard. You're in for a treat, as working on Brick's is quite Zen-full, and once tuned, they seem to keep on purring.
  • MST
  • 1987 K75s #0919, '05 Sportster 1200C
We don't need no stinkin' moly.

Offline AmS#3

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 09:47:22 AM »
All that and a Crown Vic, too? You're on a roll—even if that isn't your Vic. The moto has a nice seat and seems to have a brain scanning device on the top case. If you need a volunteer to test that, I could use the data.

You seem to know where to search for trouble and you've posted photos here successfully first try. Things are looking good! I hope it lives up to your expectations and provides a Brick's typical deep well of enjoyment for years to come.

Nope not a Crown Vic, its one better, my GramGram's 04' Town Car that she gave to me when she decided her driving days were over. 
I'm not sure how feel about having a brain scanning device on the bike I'm pretty iffy on it even having a radio

I'm sure it will exceed my expectations I had a BMW bike a few years back and regret nothing about owning it just the selling part. 
  • United States

Offline AmS#3

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 09:49:00 AM »
Good luck with your new brick.  Mine looked fantastic but had basically sat for 8 years with an occasional start.  Had the dealer redo everything that needed done save for the clutch splines.  Walked out the door about $1600 poorer.  But I'm confident in my K75 on the road and it's a blast to ride.

Hope you find similar joy with it.

Ouch.  I hope it won't cost me that but with any luck tinkering on it myself will cut some of that expense. 
  • United States

Offline AmS#3

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 09:52:10 AM »
greetings...

that is the special edition highline...

j o

I did a quick search here on Highlines and I didn't fine too much I'm guessing that's some kind of fancy trim package where it has two tone paint and the fancy back rest that i have to sit far back awkwardly to try and take advantage of.  I can appreciate a backrest but it seems like its an odd ridding position for me to take advantage of.
  • United States

Offline AmS#3

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 10:05:48 AM »
Welcome.  That looks nice.

What is the mileage?

I encourage you to peruse the site for information on bringing a brick back to regular riding.  It has been done a number of times and you may learn from previous work.

Mileage is a scant 43199 which for these bikes is the just breaking in range. 

After I found it and before I bought it I perused the site here and learned more about bricks than I figured I could know, but now that I have it I find that my hunger for more knowledge on the brick is insatiable.  I intend to exhaust the resources available to me here as best I can so that I'm not asking questions the Brick Masters have already answered.   
  • United States

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 10:11:11 AM »
I can appreciate a backrest but it seems like its an odd ridding position for me to take advantage of.
The arm and leg extensions were probably lost during storage.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 10:36:22 AM »
Welcome!!!

No need to spend a lot of money at the dealer's service dept.

While very few dealers have techs familiar with Bricks anymore, they are really very easy for the backyard mechanic to work on.  The really good news is that there is really not much they need beyond regular maintenance.  A couple hundred dollars for oil and filters, etc. and a weekend or two at the end of the season is all it takes to keep my personal fleet in top running condition. 

This forum and K100-forum.com will supply you with all the information you will ever need to do almost any job on your bike.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline AmS#3

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 04:50:35 PM »
I'm going to move over to the Project Classic Motobricks to further chronicle my trials and tribulations with this new friend
  • United States

Tags: