Author Topic: [FS][WTT] 1988 K100RS Parts (Fairings, Seat and more!)  (Read 4707 times)

Offline idontknowwhatimdoing

• Curious
[FS][WTT] 1988 K100RS Parts (Fairings, Seat and more!)
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:23:49 PM »
Hello everyone, below are pictures of various pieces of the fairing assembly (sans belly pan) from a 1988 K100RS ABS. Most parts are in great condition however some (while still fully functional) have definitely weathered the damage of time and mileage. I will do my best to take photos of and describe any damage to the parts when applicable. The ziplock bags visible in some pictures taped to the parts are all the original fasteners from when it was removed. Majority of fasteners are in good condition and relatively clean although some still have anti-seize on them.

I will have more parts available as I continue my project and will post them here as I pull them. Looking for cash (PayPal/Square/BTC/etc.) or trade for K-bike go-fast bits of yesteryear. I'm open to trade my parts + my cash for your go-fast bits of yesteryear so don't be afraid to ask!

Ideally I'd like to sell all the fairings as a lot so someone could have a relatively bolt up conversion but I'll part them out if need be. Here are a few pictures of the lot. I have two original BMW white saddlebags as well but they aren't pictured, I'll get some photos of them soon.

Rear cowl, 400k miles badge not included and I may want to keep the ABS badge; an OEM BMW logo badge can be had from Wunderlich America for around $40. Also pictured are saddlebag brackets, seat brackets, license plate holder, turn signal pan, and all hardware. ABS computer/mounting bracket/wiring not included.

Original seat, reupholstered with gel inserts.

Radiator cowl, no grommets for brake lines.

Windscreen. A couple tabs broken but it mounts up fine and doesn't shift about. I have the broken tabs in the bag of hardware, could potentially be glued or "welded" (think how ABS reacts to acetone) back on depending on what type of plastic they are.

Front fairing/airbox fairings with working headlight mounted. Slight damage on both sides, seems to mostly be cracked paint but there is a small crack in the actual fairing on one side. Likely a garage or low speed drop from previous owner. Side mirrors attach fine and don't appear to be cracked, turn signals mounted and working. Lots of paint chipping but that's to be expected with a bike that's survived 30 years in the rockies.

Interior fairing trims, no cracks of broken pieces on any of it, the leather'ish pieces with the vents are in superb condition visually but the rubber gasket pieces are a bit ragged. Not pictured here but pictured in the lot photos at the top are all the other miscellaneous interior fairing trim pieces like the temperature and fuel gauges, "dashboard" leathery piece, etc. They are in just as good condition as the trim pictured here.

Fairing/headlight mounting bracket. I may want to keep one or both or the horns if you don't want or need them.

Side fairings, clips and rods in great condition, no cracks or chunks missing.
  • Colorado
  • Stock 1988 K100RS, Hardtail Cafe Bobber 2005 Harley 883L

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: [FS][WTT] 1988 K100RS Parts (Fairings, Seat and more!)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 09:23:29 AM »
I will take the seat and possibly the mirrors.  How much are you asking?  PM sent
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline mw074

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 09:29:15 AM »
What do you want for the mirror/ turn signal assemblies?
  • Michigan

• Curious
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 05:00:11 PM »
Hey all, had time to read my PM's and this thread real quick but I work in 15 and don't have time to figure out pricing on anything until I get back home. I must not have realized how rare in tact mirror/turn signal assemblies are given every person who PM'd wants them lol.
  • Colorado

• Curious
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 02:32:10 AM »
Johnny, I've seen a lot of your posts in my time lurking and still can't ever tell if you're serious. If you're interested in the mirror assemblies please PM me an offer, I can't gauge a fair and reasonable price on them. Low-key stressing over them, I didn't expect literally every person who responded to want them and certainly didn't expect eBay/new replacements to be so absurd. I'm torn between wanting to get what they're worth because I've got an expensive project on my hands and feeling like an asshole for them being seemingly a seemingly rare and expensive item. I expected them to be one of the least valuable and least sought after parts of the bunch but thinking back on it I guess they are the most prone to destruction.
  • Colorado

Offline mw074

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 09:21:28 AM »
Keep them. I am not getting into a bidding war.
  • Michigan

• Curious
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 05:16:17 PM »
I'll be pulling the rear wheel and front fork assembly complete with wheel/tire and handlebars in the next few days (controls not included). Complete working ABS system may be coming off as well but I need to evaluate how much machine work I would need to do to keep it. If I rip the ABS system I'll have some brand new sealed in packaging Brembo sintered pads available with it. If anyone is interested let me know.
  • Colorado

Offline Jnclem

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 05:51:13 PM »
Do you have the hard bags? I’m looking for a set for an 89 K100RS SE.
  • Gunnison, CO.
  • 89 K100RS SE, '89 R100GS, 2006 F650gs Dakar

• Curious
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 06:27:05 PM »
Yep, got original hard bags in good condition I’ll get some pictures up when I get home from work
  • Colorado

• Curious
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 05:50:04 PM »
Here are some pictures of the saddlebags for you Jnclem. Some pictures of the exhaust pulled last night too, I'm not sure if it's stock but I think the previous owner put a 4 into 1 collector on there that dumped into this.

Saddlebags

...and the exhaust.
  • Colorado

Offline Jnclem

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 09:20:54 PM »
All this time I have been messaging you, but looking at a different set of bags for sale. No idea how I did that. Anyway, still interested in your white bags. How much are you asking for them?
  • Gunnison, CO.

Offline volador

• NEEDS MORE CHROME
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 03:17:17 AM »
All this time I have been messaging you, but looking at a different set of bags for sale. No idea how I did that.
REfrain from the Hennessy  when shopping for luggage :curvy-road

@ idontknowwhatimdoing

What is the status on the fairing parts? Whats sold or still available?
  • NYC NY
  • 1991 K100RS 1993 K75S ABS
5 BOROUGHS SISYPHEAN SOCIETY  MAINTAINING THE OBSESSION

Offline Frederick

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »
Status of seat please?
  • Connecticut
  • 1992 K100RS, 1990 K75S

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 12:03:58 PM »
I'm uncertain whether buying from somebody with a screen name like the seller's is wise. Prospective purchasers—please update with outcome.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider

• Curious
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 05:44:37 PM »
Hey everyone, busy week haven't had time to get on here.

Jnclem swung by and picked up the saddle bags in person so those are sold.

Volador, I still have all the fairings and will shoot you a message when I get off of work.

Frederick, the seat is technically still available but The Mighty Gryphon will have first dibs, I just need to get him a shipping quote and see if he still wants it. If not, all yours.

Laitch, the name stems from ripping apart and parting out a mint K-bike. I wish I could have found a more beat up donor bike for the project but the price on the one I got was too good to pass up. Basically "I don't know what I'm doing molesting this bike, I should have just left it stock." one of those "I don't know what I'm doing with my life" type deals.

Dropped the R1 triples and the conversion stem at the shop today, should have the front end ripped and posted up in the next few days. So far the only thing sold is the saddlebags, everything else is available with the seat on hold pending sale.
  • Colorado

Offline Jnclem

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 08:49:12 AM »
I'm uncertain whether buying from somebody with a screen name like the seller's is wise. Prospective purchasers—please update with outcome.

The bags were exactly as advertised. My only slight disappointment was that they are not pearl white, and probably not original to the bike. I think they are police white, a whiter white without the pearl. None of that is the sellers fault, and they are great bags at a great price. Other people don’t even notice the difference in color. And they look great on my bike. Now, I just need to find a reasonably priced source of some touch up paint for them. He is a busy guy, but i don’t think you will have any problems buying from him, other than possible work related delays in communication.
  • Gunnison, CO.

Offline Frederick

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »
Just let me know on the seat, please?

Thanks much,

Fred
  • Connecticut
  • 1992 K100RS, 1990 K75S

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 07:03:17 PM »
The Mighty Gryphoon is taking the seat.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Tags: