Author Topic: K75 sidecase modifications  (Read 877 times)

Offline natalena

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: K75 sidecase modifications
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2019, 09:00:26 AM »
If you decide to reinstall the Reynolds, I see where my mount is different. Instead of drilling a hole in the Reynolds to use a longer mounting bolt, I zip-tied the Z-rack. Testing was done with 27 pounds of dive weights, driving along backroads and rough graded gravel community parks. No issues, and it adds to the excitement and spirit of adventure vs. highway junk show, while toodling along on the Brick with the bicycle on the rack.
  • East of Joshua Tree
  • 1987 K75s #0919
On Holy Quest seeking Techron equivalent for splines.

Offline billday

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2019, 02:02:19 PM »
I don't understand why your Z thingie doesn't line up with your Reynolds rack. After work I have to go look at my setup and ponder how this could be.
  • New York State, USA 10977
  • 1985 K100

Offline D.Bachtel

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2019, 07:11:08 PM »
[quote
I"ll keep the Reynolds rack until I'm sure I won't use it and then probably put it on eBay.
[/quote]

I'm in the market for a 240 Reynolds. It will fit my bike nicely. With the Corbin "Rumble" set there's no clearance for an Iconic.

Allow me to have the right of first refusal, unless it's already spoken for....

D.Bachtel
Nipomo, California
  • Nipomo
  • BSA, Zundapp, Husqvarna, Greeves, Triumph...and a 1987 K75C

Offline natalena

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2019, 07:30:52 PM »
I don't understand why your Z thingie doesn't line up with your Reynolds rack. After work I have to go look at my setup and ponder how this could be.
Could you let me know the findings? I tried using a carriage bolt, and sliding the Z-rack into the "U" bracket space behind the 240 rack's side, but it didn't leave space to wiggle into the bricks frame mount. I half considered just making a short drop shackle to bolt to the 240 and then bolt onto the Z, but it looked wonky in prefab.
  • East of Joshua Tree
  • 1987 K75s #0919
On Holy Quest seeking Techron equivalent for splines.

Offline ScooterNSticks

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2019, 10:20:36 PM »
[quote
I"ll keep the Reynolds rack until I'm sure I won't use it and then probably put it on eBay.

I'm in the market for a 240 Reynolds. It will fit my bike nicely. With the Corbin "Rumble" set there's no clearance for an Iconic.

Allow me to have the right of first refusal, unless it's already spoken for....

D.Bachtel
Nipomo, California

Will do.  Right now it's sitting in the garage waiting until I decide for sure I don't need or want it.  I'll drop you a note if I decide to make it go away.

What kind of rack is on the back of your  bike?  Looks more like something of interest to me.
  • Boalsburg, PA
  • 1992 BMW K75, 2006 Vespa GTS 250ie
My Blog: Scooter in the Sticks
https://scooterinthesticks.com

Offline D.Bachtel

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2019, 10:16:45 AM »
Good deal on that. Just thinking the 240 would be the way to go for an 18" tent and bedroll.
my rear rack is just the stock rack from BMW. The Iconic mounts to it with an adapter plate. The entire assembly then relies on the rear cowl for support. The Reynolds is a frame mount and could carry a more weight with less flex.

My bike came disassembled with busted up plastic front and rear.
  • Nipomo
  • BSA, Zundapp, Husqvarna, Greeves, Triumph...and a 1987 K75C

Tags: