Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up  (Read 2967 times)

Offline natalena

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2019, 05:50:12 PM »
Thanks for posting the images of the triple meet-up. Great to chat with other brick owners over a tasty lunch, and many apologies for the tardiness, my fault entirely for wandering the backroads to Cobb and forgetting about time. This would make a nice annual event.

Holy Moly, the storm front just moved in here, and it's howling rain! I hope Caveman and Stokester get home/shelter during this squall.
  • East of Joshua Tree
  • 1987 K75s #0919
On Holy Quest seeking Techron equivalent for splines.

Offline mlytle

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2019, 07:06:17 PM »
We also didn't get a picture of the commemorative crabs you provided!   Thanks!

We got that front a little before you did.  I suspect Stokes made it, but hope caveman didn't get hit too hard.
  • alexandria, va
  • 92 K75s, 94 K75s, 96 K1100RS SE (custodian), 09 K1300s
Marshall
Project Thread "K75s Midlife Refresh"
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,7810.0.html

Offline stokester

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2019, 07:07:54 PM »
Thanks for posting the images of the triple meet-up. Great to chat with other brick owners over a tasty lunch, and many apologies for the tardiness, my fault entirely for wandering the backroads to Cobb and forgetting about time. This would make a nice annual event.

Holy Moly, the storm front just moved in here, and it's howling rain! I hope Caveman and Stokester get home/shelter during this squall.
No weather issues here as I took the leisurely route through the Northern Neck home, just seemed to get more humid and hot.

Thanks for the inaugural ride memento!  It's a good chuckle and will be with me for any future meet-ups.
  • Yorktown, Virginia
  • '94 K75S - '93 K75S - '91 R100RT - '78 R100S

Offline natalena

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2019, 08:10:24 PM »
We also didn't get a picture of the commemorative crabs you provided!   Thanks!

Thanks for the inaugural ride memento!  It's a good chuckle and will be with me for any future meet-ups.

Good to hear you guys got back dry ... Well, Caveman uses paper maps, hence, is most likely extremely resourceful and rain won't faze him :)

Hmmmm, maybe a different character toy for each gathering. The inaugural Cobb Island, everyone got crabs!
  • East of Joshua Tree
  • 1987 K75s #0919

Offline Motorhobo

• 18 years of K75
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2019, 01:30:27 PM »
Well, I'm bummed -- I didn't hear back from anybody by Wednesday do I figured no one was interested and then I forgot to check in again till just now.

Natalena,  you might  have to do  a one-on-one ride with me as a make-up, you live right around the block from there anyway.

MH
1994/1995 K75 ABS Frankenbike: original engine 130k miles, frame from Gary Weaver (RIP), 173k miles -- Current Odometer: 184k miles
1994 K75 since 2013, 76,000 mi (11k mine) w/California Sidecar Friendship II Sidecar & Black Lab 'Miss B'

Past: 1974 Honda 550/4 (first bike), 1994 K75 (sold), 1995 K75 ABS (parts bike), Sidecar Dog & Best Bud 'Bo' - RIP

Offline natalena

« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2019, 02:46:53 PM »
Natalena,  you might  have to do  a one-on-one ride with me as a make-up, you live right around the block from there anyway.

Sorry the comms were wobbly, as I did mention you during the lunch. Anytime I'm around, just buzz and I'll ride. There's some rural roads out by Calvert that look great for biking and motoring...just need to explore them.
  • East of Joshua Tree
  • 1987 K75s #0919

Online E30_Crazy

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2019, 06:21:36 AM »
Dang, found this thread kinda late, by the looks of it.

Now I'm shipped off overseas for the rest of the year, won't get back to riding until late winter / early spring.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for another Meet thread.

Stokester - I'm surprised I haven't spotted you around. I ride around Yorktown quite a bit. I have a not-chopped K1100RS in the same color as your profile picture.
  • Newport News, Virginia
  • '85 K100, '93 K1100RS

Offline natalena

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2019, 12:34:56 PM »
Dang, found this thread kinda late, by the looks of it.

won't get back to riding until late winter / early spring.

We used to do a Spring Zing-Ding-Ding with the RD/ 2-stroke riders back in the 70's. Lot's of fun and smoke!

April would be fun to do a Tax Day ride.
  • East of Joshua Tree
  • 1987 K75s #0919