Author Topic: Skyline K75 spotted  (Read 2296 times)

Offline natalena

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
Skyline K75 spotted
« on: August 05, 2019, 08:36:26 AM »
Spotted a black K75c, during a bicycle training ride  along the Skyline Drive from Front Royal (thought it might be another MB user). I heard the unmistakable whine way before it caught up, and hollered a "GO BRICK!" as it past. Picked up the pace climbing to see if the rider was going to pull off on the turn-outs...no luck. Great day for a ride, motored or not.
  • MST
  • 1987 K75s #0919, '05 Sportster 1200C, '21 ARGO 8x8, '24 KLR650
Texas catheters ROCK!

Offline VAK75

• Motobrick Curious
Re: Skyline K75 spotted
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 04:27:53 PM »
Yes, and that’s a great route too.  I see loads of motorcycles when I bicycle along Skyline Drive. Along with the BRP, it’s motorcycle mecca out there. 

I do wish they would post some info signs cautioning motorists about blind corners, especially the uphill blind corners where cyclists are going much slower and will be overtaken in an instant.

I pull into every turn out in the direction I’m travelling, even if it’s just to ride through without stopping.  I figure I’ve put the effort into climbing up there, might as well enjoy the views.  On a motorcycle you wouldn’t feel the same sense of accomplishment/effort, so there’s probably less imperitive to stop regularly and take in the views.
  • Northern Virginia/Metro DC
  • No motobrick yet - - researching

Offline natalena

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 07:56:21 PM »
If you see a silver K75S, or a roadracer with a "San Diego Cyclo-Vets" blue/white jersey on, holler! My Brick has a bike rack hanging off the back, and we usually start in Front Royal or Sperryville. I ride all over So. MD too. Cheers!
  • MST
  • 1987 K75s #0919, '05 Sportster 1200C, '21 ARGO 8x8, '24 KLR650
Texas catheters ROCK!

Offline VAK75

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 08:14:24 PM »
Will do.

And I’d be very interested to see photos/hear details about your bike rack!!
  • Northern Virginia/Metro DC
  • No motobrick yet - - researching

Tags: