Author Topic: 09-08-08 Crater Lake  (Read 3415 times)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
09-08-08 Crater Lake
« on: May 01, 2011, 03:07:45 PM »
rolling to crater lake from roseburg or... the hills have been a blaze from lightening strikes... the road close... the roads open with pilot cars... the roads close... just gotta go and take our chances... this morning we saw trucks of wyoming hot shots rolling into the hills to fight the fires... we have also seen helicopters flying out of the roseburg airport... so we decided to take the lomng way and come up from the south...

slabbing the 5 to canyonville to pick up or 227...

the 227 is one fine scenic motoroad... it sweeper madness for 20+ miles then a carvers delight over the top then back to sweeper madness all the way to or 62...

we filled up with fuel and dogs at phils in shady cove...

we saw lotts o water bugs all day... it looks to be a glorious way to spend the day...

this dud caught a rainbow trout... catch and release...

or 62 is a wide open road with minimal traffic... usually boats and campers...

and of course lake and rivers are everywhere...

rogue river gorge...

the living stump...

we split on or 230 for the north entrance...

m o has been constantly complaining about this lumix camera being slow... im considering all options at this point...

we rode the rim clockwise so pulling out would be with traffic... there wasnt many folks up here today... it was a beauty of a day with sun and poofy clouds...

dont kid your badd self... 35mph with large authority presence at crater lake...

the pumice desert...

i asked about or 138 and was told 20 minute waits with pilot cars at 2 spots...

we were going to lose our light in the valley of the deer... so we stopped at just 1 waterdfall... clearwater falls...

or 138 is another fine motoroad... there was absolutely no traffic for this slice of sweeper madness...

fire debris...

and quite smoky in places...

there you go... it was a lovely day...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: