Author Topic: Relocating / Restamping VIN number  (Read 3440 times)

Offline almostordinary

• ^ Motobrick Curious
Relocating / Restamping VIN number
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »
Hello,

At the beginning of my cafe build, and was wondering if anyone had their frame restamped, or a custom VIN number put elsewhere on their frame?

I will be removing the two horizontal bars that have the sticker and the engraved VIN in for my build to put on a custom horizontal shock, to replace the vertical shock on the right rear.

Going to get the bike registered prior to fully jumping in, but wanted to inquire w the board.

Thanks,
Ian
  • Los Angeles
  • 1991 K75s

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: Relocating / Restamping VIN number
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 12:14:27 AM »
At the beginning of my cafe build, and was wondering if anyone had their frame restamped, or a custom VIN number put elsewhere on their frame?
Going to get the bike registered prior to fully jumping in, but wanted to inquire w the board.
The registration requirements surrounding custom-made vehicles vary from state to state and country to country, Ian. Judging from the extent of modifications you have outlined, you might consider taking a photo of your K and a photo of a radically modified K to the California DMV to see if execution of your ideas will require the finished product to be classified as a California SPCNS vehicle.

• Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline almostordinary

• ^ Motobrick Curious
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I will do just that when I go register my new to me k75 next week and show an after example of the modifications I’d like to do.
  • Los Angeles
  • 1991 K75s

Offline Laitch

• Faster than a speeding pullet
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 12:28:06 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I will do just that when I go register my new to me k75 next week and show an after example of the modifications I’d like to do.
Please share here the outcome of your discussion with the DMV.
  • Along the Ridley in Vermont.
  • 1995 K75 89,000 miles
I wept because I had no radials until I met a man who had no splines.
https://tinyurl.com/RillRider
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 08:51:23 AM »
greetings...

where i comes from a hack job like that requires a state trooper signed affidavit that they wittnesed the vin in oe configeration...

then that oe vin just needs to be attached to the hacked up moto... zip tye under the seat bolted to the rearset welded to steering head...

j o

• :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Tags: