Author Topic: You guys are great (clutch cable replaced)  (Read 1796 times)

Offline island_boy

• Motobrick Curious
You guys are great (clutch cable replaced)
« on: November 04, 2018, 06:15:47 PM »
Did some searching on here, got a game plan together, ordered 2 new clutch cables (and began cobbling up a DIY cable as well, I think I can get the cable ends at the local small machine shop down the road - they use them for choke cables and throttle cables, etc.).

Anyhow, I got around to getting the old cable off (hanging by one strand) and put the new cable on.  Bike back together, shifting awesome, took it out for a spin in the Alabama countryside and visited a few small towns in my area.

Would you guess 3 33" LP's would fit in a K-bike sidebag?  They do, along w/ 6 gigi's cupcakes in a box, a single cupcake in a box, tools, spare clutch cable, fluids, rain gear, etc. 

These things are like station wagons.  Even had a cup of coffee in my cupholder for the ride back to the house...  shakedown complete, clutch cable replacement a success!

Thanks all for you knowledge, and putting it on here for us newbies to use...

IB...

• Auburn, Alabama, USA
  • 1992 K100RS, 1973 Honda CL360 (sold to another owner who promptly blew it up)

Offline K1300S

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
Re: You guys are great (clutch cable replaced)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 08:25:22 PM »
one Brick sidecase holds about the same as BOTH side cases on a K13S.   grrrrrr....
Project Thread "K75s Midlife Refresh"
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,7810.0.html

Tags: