TECHNICAL MOTOBRICK WRENCHING In Remembrance of Inge K. > Project Classic Motobricks

K75C Rehab

(1/8) > >>

johnclaude:
Hi guys,

Just picked up my first BMW, a 1988 K75C, with 55xxx miles (fun discovery-the odometer turns over verrryyyy slowwwwlllyyy). Will follow the gauge rebuild guides and check out the gears/connections. It has been down on the right side, needs a new seat, new headlight or glass, new RH front turn signal assembly, and a thorough cleaning. Any suggestions on that front? Wire brush and simple green?
Found the original toolkit under the seat, and what looks like a homemade tool kit in the rear cowl. Does anyone know what that mystery BMW light is??Look forward to changing the fluids, plugs, and checking the spline conditions!

CNRED:
From Aurora myself, years ago.
Good luck with your build. I've got some S parts I'm not going to use, Fairings and the like.  If you need something let me know, shipping is not that great from Phx to Den.

Martin:
Does your bike have hazard lights? Does the mystery light flash? If you don't have hazards and it flashes it is a roadside hazard light. I believe some BMW cars had them, or could be a after purchase accessory.
Regards Martin.

johnclaude:
The mystery thickens....into a delicious stew. I can't get it to light up, mainly because I have no idea what kind of power port that is. We tried it in a cigarette lighter, but it was too small. I hit it with 12v, but nothing. I did figure out that the lighting mechanism turns and exposes what looks like a flashlight. Also, the yellow part has a little knob that allows you to turn the lens. Interesting....also, I'm not sure if my bike has hazards or not. I'm guessing not.

Laitch:

--- Quote from: johnclaude on October 14, 2018, 09:29:08 PM ---The mystery thickens....into a delicious stew. I can't get it to light up, mainly because I have no idea what kind of power port that is. We tried it in a cigarette lighter, but it was too small.

--- End quote ---
If your moto has an accessory socket that will accept that plug, it will likely be under a small, round hinge lid mounted on the plastic coil cover where indicated by the arrow on the attached image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version