Author Topic: Camping trip to Central Fl  (Read 3466 times)

Offline twowheeledgator

• Motobrick Curious
Camping trip to Central Fl
« on: January 06, 2019, 07:59:56 PM »
Me on my 86 K75, a co-worker on a K1600 in-line 6 and a mutual friend on a water cooled GS leave the Tampa Bay are Friday morning for a private camping spot near the Rainbow River in Central Fl.  Breakfast at the Breakfast Barn In Homosassa Springs with the best cinnamon rolls in the area.  Rode to out to Ozello and back a few times.  We made it to our camp and set up tents  before the rain hit.  Stopped at a store for some supplies and the front moved through with violent rains so we hung out at the Blue Gator. 
Returned to camp after the rain.  Parked the bikes, started a fire, broke out some Oak and Palm spiced rum and Cuban cigars and relaxed as the temps fell. 
Next morning breakfast at the Citrus Grill and then headed out to the Ocala National Forrest and surrounding areas for great riding.  BikeNav app found us windy roads.  Ran into a slew of ADVRider.com riders eating lunch in Salt Springs.  Back to camp before dark and met up with some friends for some BBQ.  After dinner more fire, rum and Cubanos. 
This morning we woke to a cool 42 degrees.  Broke camp and took off back south.  Breakfast Station Dunnellon provided the morning susitance.  Calimoto app found us windy roads back down to Pinellas.  Was at the Sponge Docks for dinner before we realized it is epiphany and there were no tables to be had.  Headed over to the Tarpon Tavern for some burgers before heading home.  Great weekend and much needed time to get away.
  • Floridy
  • '86 K75C, '95 R1100GS, '13 Bonnie Scrambler

Offline stokester

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
Re: Camping trip to Central Fl
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 08:17:57 PM »
Looks like a great trip.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Yorktown Virginia
  • '94 K75S Dakar Yellow - '93 K75S Seiden Blau - '91 R100RT Bermuda Blue- '78 R100S Smoke Red

Offline K1300S

• ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 09:09:53 PM »
awesome!  that is one loaded up K!
Project Thread "K75s Midlife Refresh"
http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,7810.0.html

Offline natalena

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 10:43:23 AM »
Thanks for sharing, looks like awesome times with buds.
  • MST
  • 1987 K75s #0919, '05 Sportster 1200C
We don't need no stinkin' moly.

Offline The Mighty Gryphon

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 10:52:42 AM »
Thanks for posting.  It's a good thing for me that envy isn't fatal.
  • In my garage in Marilla, NY
  • '91K100RS White/Blue
Current:
'91 K100RS16V "Moby Brick Too"

Past:
'94 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
'92 K100RS16V "Moby Brick" (RIP, deceased in a vehicular assault)
'94 K75S Special Edition Dakar Yellow "Cheetos"
'89 K100RS Special Edition "Special Ed"

Offline twowheeledgator

• Motobrick Curious
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 05:28:08 PM »
Thanks.  It was a great weekend.

Mlytle, it was hot as loaded at it looks.  The right bag had a sleeping bag, left case had a little warm weather gear trunk was Frogg Toggs and a few tools and the tank bag had some some clothing.   The tent and the inflatable sleeping pads (I use two because I am older and wiser) would not fit in anything so they had to be strapped on the back.
  • Floridy
  • '86 K75C, '95 R1100GS, '13 Bonnie Scrambler

Tags: