Author Topic: RT to Naked Instrument re-location  (Read 2809 times)

Offline bluebossa

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • K75 and R65 Owner
RT to Naked Instrument re-location
« on: September 15, 2018, 09:25:46 AM »
On the basis that get and you should give, I thought this post might be useful to others.

Essentially while converting my RT to Naked I wanted to keep the Fuel and Temp gauges in operation - but where to put them?

Well searching on here I saw a custom K1 with something similar though hand made from Alloy, so set about emulating at low cost.

Searched eBay and found a Dual instrument pod - $5
Re-routed wiring to side of Engine
Mounted both instruments in Pod
Secured pod to Air Intake on lower front right of Bike - bit fiddly to get nut and bolts in, drilled a small hole.

Though the result is neither Art nor perfect, both gauges are in operation for very little cost and a couple of hours of messing.
Hope that help - great to have a fuel gauge and temp gauge in action. Also guess others could get an RT instrument setup from a Bike to retro fit onto Bikes without these, though you'd need the wiring and sensors too of course - especially the Fuel sender in Tank.

Result.
  • UK
  • K75 RT
Current Bikes: K75(RT) in the UK (06/91), R65
Former Bikes:  R850R, K1100RS, Dnepr MT10-36
BMW R65 and K75 Blog

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
Re: RT to Naked Instrument re-location
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:23:03 AM »
greetings...

i gotts the same housing on my eleven hundert rs... i mounted them to the tragkorb so i could check them with a glance in the mirror... gotts my instrument cluster on the left tragkorb and the gauges on the right tragkorb...

has been 100% so far...

j o
  • :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny

Offline bluebossa

• ^ Proficient Motobricker
  • K75 and R65 Owner
Re: RT to Naked Instrument re-location
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 10:35:40 AM »
Any chance of a Picture or two, don't know where you mean dude.
  • UK
  • K75 RT
Current Bikes: K75(RT) in the UK (06/91), R65
Former Bikes:  R850R, K1100RS, Dnepr MT10-36
BMW R65 and K75 Blog

Tags: