Author Topic: Bringing a brick back from death.  (Read 2661 times)

Offline BMWMCofConcord

• Curious
Bringing a brick back from death.
« on: August 21, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Ben and I work at a BMW Motorrad dealership in Concord, CA.  I have always been more of bobber, or chopper style guy, but one day found myself riding an F650GS single. Fast forward a couple of years later and here we are.  I recently acquired a crashed, and very neglected 84 K100RS with major front end damage, that hasn't ran (or been registered) since 1993.    With the help of a BMW master tech in my shop who specializes in k bikes and air-heads, my plan is to swap a K1100rs front end and rear wheel, eliminate as much wiring as possible, and rewire the bike with a MotoGadget M.blue unit.  I plan on using some bits and pieces from BSK Speedworks, and possibly a few small pieces from Unit Garage.

Also to add to the fun, I plan on riding this bike in the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on Sept 30th, 2018 (38 days from now!). For more info on the DGR, or to make a donation (to the foundation, not to me) check out my profile here https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/Benjaminbrock

Pics coming soon!

• USA
  • Custom 84 1/2 k100rs/1100rs franKen project

Offline Skunky

• ^ SuperNatural Motobricker
Re: Bringing a brick back from death.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 02:52:50 AM »
I want your credit card number and pin  yawl. How about some pics before I donate 
  • Derby GB
  • BMW K100lt
Rebuild it and they will come..
90 K100lt
Triumph Thruxton 900
Honda CB400F
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Chaos

• Administrator
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Mars needs women!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 09:25:09 AM »
this could start a whole new craze in cafe land....
  • sw ohio
1987 K75S    VIN 0231
Original owner, Original litter
200,000 miles (plus or minus) and 5 paint jobs
sold 6/23
2023 Ural 2WD sidecar (BMW's bastard step child)

Offline johnny

• TrailBrakingThrottleWhacker
  • ^ Quintessential Motobricker
  • Whacking...n...Chopping Sliding...n...High Siding
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 09:41:33 AM »
greetings...

what tiors you running on that new to you thing... and yes i searched this whole site and could not find a single post abouts caferacer tiors... thanks in advance...

also... i have a noise... its louder without earplugs... think its coming from under the tank or under the seat... what you think it is... thanks in advance...

j o

• :johnny i parks my 96 eleven hundert rs motobrick in dodge county cheezconsin  :johnny
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Tags: